that should be me

HERE IT IS FINALLY MY FIRST FIC! I'm in nursing school so it can be difficult to write also I read all of these amazing stories and think I could never so hopefully you enjoy this!

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader

Warnings: uhhh cursing, suggestive sexual language, mutual pining, fluff (cause I'm a fluff whor3), maybeeee angst? idk I think that's it other than pretty bad writing!

Italicized = readers thoughts

Bolded= spencer's thoughts

Word count: 3.5k

Y/N POV

Working at the BAU is not what you were expecting. Long hours, early mornings, sleepless nights. Don't kid yourself, you loved your job, but at times it can seem that the bad outweighs the good. Only one thing could lighten you up on your darkest days and it was him. Doctor Spencer Reid. Spencer was everything that you hope for in a potential partner. He's patient, caring, intelligent, also did I mention insanely attractive. Over the years of working there you and Spencer had become best friends, even rivaling Derek Morgan as his, and Penelope Garcia as yours. See being best friends is great, although completely platonic, the late night movie marathons, weekly coffee meets, along with working right beside him on your darkest days, you have come to love the brown mop of curly hair and hazel eyes that is Spencer Reid. Well, the problem that now is... BEING in love with Spencer Reid.

The bullpen having it's normal hustle and bustle left you with your thoughts. You didn't even recognize the man of the hour as he called out to you.

"Y/N...? Y/N... Y/N!!".

"Oh.. sorry Spence, what's up?", you blushed a little, embarrassed that this man could have the power to zoned you out any minute of the day.

"Are you okay? You seem a little out of it." Spencer so worriedly responded.

It's the little things like this that could someone so easily make anyone fall in love. Spencer Reid could read you like a book, which is not something out of the ordinary for him. These microscopic gestures is something he knows that you take close to heart.

"What? OH! Yeah I'm fine Spencer this paperwork is seriously getting to me now."

He let out a little laugh at your response. "Yeah I can see that, that's why I offered you a fill on your cup of coffee."

Yeah you know what else you can fill. You thought in your head for the quickest second but just as quickly you could feel the heat rising in your face. With this you were quick to stand up to take the attention off of you. "You know what yeah Spence that would a-actually be great! I'm just gonna...uh... go see Penny real quick, I forgot I was meeting her to give her back her... s-sweatshirt she left at my place!".

Spencer looked at you quizzically causing you to quickly turn to head that way. Just before you walked out of the bullpen you heard Spencer say "Uh.. Y/N.. do you want your bag?".

Oh god are you screwed. Dammit Y/N get it the FUCK together. "Oh ha.. You know, that might be helpful" you reply trying to act aloof. Spencer just smiles hesitantly parting your ways as he walks towards the break room for coffee, and you go to Garcia's to give her the 'sweater'.

Barging through the door of Penelope's headquarters, she turns around at you wide eyed like you have just escaped a wild tiger.

"Y/N are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Great. "Penny I am LOSING it here."

She looks at you worried like you actually have tossed your head off of your shoulder. "Oh this is about boy wonder now isn't it" she so dubiously recognized.