Profile Etiquette: Don't vs Do

This is a little something to make everyone's general experience more pleasurable. Some things are frowned upon just as there are things that need more appreciation.

ADVERTISEMENT—

DON'T: Please don't advertise/promote your story on someone else's message board or in the comment section of their story(s) without their permission.

DO: If you wish to get exposure or share your story, you are always welcome to ask us. We would be glad to help you. Alternatively, you can ask someone to read your book for constructive feedback or reviews but only if they agree to do so and in turn, you can return the favour. There are several reviews and critique services run on Wattpad by users like us!

VOTING—

DON’T: Do not get involved with vote trading, offer votes as a reward or bribe people with votes.

DO: You should only vote if you enjoy/support the story you read. Votes represent your admiration, so show your love of fine writing by pressing that star. 

SHARE YOUR STORY—

DON’T: Please don’t spam the account with links to your stories, not on the message board or via PM.

DO: Submit your story via the linked reading list submission form for consideration. If it’s approved, the profile will add it to one of their reading lists.

INTERACTION—

DON’T: Do not spam or harass profiles. Profiles are not run by A.I. (computers) there are real people behind the screens, kinda like you blinking at the screen right now.

DO: You are absolutely allowed to interact with the people running the profiles. Be tactful and mindful, you never know who you are talking to and it’s not nice to hurt feelings.

TACT—

DON’T: Don't act out of anger. Everyone is a slave to their emotions from time to time. It’s important to always think before you just type and hit send. 

DO: You are entitled to your opinion and to ride your rage wave. Wait a moment before you react, wait till you can respond rationally. Take a step back and think of a better way to sort the issue, one that won’t hurt any feelings involved.

ASK FOR HELP—

DON’T: Don’t forget, it’s easy to search for the information you might require. The Wattpad Help Center holds many answers.

DO: You are always welcome to ask a question, how else will you learn? We will help you with a smile if you find something unclear.