Chapter Twelve

I was bored so I made a cast for this book.
Dove Cameron as Ema.

Ema's Pov

What do you do after a breakup? Do you grieve your once relationship? Do you just let it go and move on? Probably but I can't, I looked out of my window and looked over to the direction where Cat's house is, I sigh as I hear Cat speak. "Ema, why do you even like this girl so much?"

Why? Because Cat is one of the smartest and bravest people I know, at first glance I'm sure you are wondering how, she's so quiet and shy. That's true but once you get to know Cat, the real Cat, it's impossible not to fall in love with her. "She's my best friend," was. Paige is my best friend but I was always closest with Cat, maybe I had a crush on her before I even knew.

Plagg sighed as he quickly ate the last of his cheese, "Okay, go and visit her, as Kitty Noir." I was shocked, I know how much Plagg hates transforming and yet he was telling me to do so. I hugged the cat-like creature as I said the keywords, "Claws out, Plagg."

As I felt the tight spandex grow around my body, I jumped out of the window and to Cat's house.

Cat was standing on her balcony looking up at the sky, her body seemed to be lost as she was concentrating, probably thinking. "I can tell you're there," Cat says as I stop creepy stalking her. I walked out and expecting her to fangirl or something but instead, she looked sad and then I remembered, Cat doesn't like heroes.

"I have a perfectly reasonable reason to why I am watching you," I said as I held up my hands, surrendering, "I-um..." Thinking up a lie was harder than I thought. I was busy trying to create an excuse I didn't even realise that Cat was tearing up. "You're crying?"

Cat wiped her face before turning on her 'im okay' persona which I have only seen 4 times before when her parents died when I slept over at her house and she got in a fight with her uncle, when I saved her from being hit by a car and when she broke up with me. "Kitty Noir, I'm fine, I have just had a hard week."

I felt a lump get stuck in my throat, so was Cat also sad about our break-up? If she was sad, why did she even break up with me in the first place, I need to know, I need to ask, "I heard, you broke up with Emma Agreste, right?" Cat looked at me and I swear I could see a light bulb turn on inside her head as if she has an idea or sudden realisation, "I read about it online."

Cat looked away, I could tell that she was hurt but that's only because I have known her for six years, if you didn't know Cat the way I did then you wouldn't even be able to tell. "My girlfriend broke up with me not long ago, so I know how you're feeling."

"I doubt it," I heard Cat say understand her breath.

I frowned as I tried to understand why she is upset but I generally couldn't think of a reason, "My girlfriend broke up with me for no reason, well maybe there was a reason but I don't think it was about us. She is a secretive person, she always has been but I owe a reason to why she broke me, heart, don't you agree?"

Cat looked down guiltily, her purplish-blue eyes not leaving the floor as Cat says, "Maybe she didn't want you to get hurt. Maybe she has secrets and has done things that she can't even forgive herself but it's to late to stop so she pushes everyone close to her away, maybe she is in pain but she can't talk about it."

"Yeah... maybe."