Chapter 3

I clenched my jaw as my anger came back, just the thought of Travis doing this to him makes me pissed. ' I swear...I'll make him pay '

[Sal's POV]

We took Kim to the nurse quickly, trying my hardest not to grip the boy in my arms from how angry I was. I sat Kim down on a chair as we arrived, the nurse quickly walking towards us. "Oh golly what happened to you?" The nurse started inspecting the trembling boy, it was obvious the images of whatever had happened were still going through his head. I started also shaking from how angry I was getting, seeing him like that was very painful.

"Sal calm down, you are going to hurt yourself." If Larry hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed I was digging my nails into my palms. I took a deep breath and released my grip. The nurse left to get some stuff so I approached Kim carefully, I didn't want to scare him more. "Hey Kim, buddy." I talked softly and tried to touch him but he flinched and got away. "It's ok. It's me, Sally Face" He looked at me and threw himself at me, holding into me for dear life. "No one will hurt you again. I'm sorry I wasn't there, but it's gonna be ok now. No need to worry." I whispered to him while caressing his back. Kim slowly released me and sat back down on the chair, he looked calmer now. The nurse came back and started treating Kim's wounds while asking him questions to ground him.

Soon the nurse finished and told us he could leave but to keep an eye on him. We all walked out and I sighed. " I'm glad you're ok and he didn't do more. How did this happen?" I looked at Kim and he shrugged. "I-I was just walking to my class and he told me he just wanted to talk- How could I be so stupid." Kim covered his face and let out a whine. "Who did it?" I asked it was obvious I was mad again. " T-the blonde boy.." I nodded and stomped away to beat that fucker's ass.

I knew other places he could possibly be: The bathroom, cafeteria, or at the gate. And he was at the last one. I walked towards him furiously and he looked at me. " The fuck is wrong with you?!" I pushed him. "What's wrong Sally Face?" "You know what's wrong Travis, why would u do that?! He is innocent!" I pushed him again, this time harder, making him stumble. Travis just shrugged like he didn't care and that made me see red from anger. Without hesitating I punched him across the face the hardest I could, making him fall to the floor. He got up holding his left cheek and spit out blood. " You son of a b-" He didn't finish his sentence as he also struck me in the face, making my mask tilt a bit. I quickly fixed it and grabbed him by the shirt pressing him against the gate roughly. " I swear if u touch him again I'll make you regret it. You hear me?!" I yelled in his face while gripping his shirt harder. Travis nodded quickly and I let him go, not before kneeing his stomach and leaving him gasping for air in the ground.

I went back inside the building and there I saw Kim and the others. I walked towards them and let out a deep sigh. "What did u do?" Ash asked me. "Just gave him what he deserved" I smirked under my mask and sighed again, I felt good. Kim looked at me and I gulped, he was back to his 'zombie' self. "Kim? You ok?" He suddenly grabbed my shirt with one hand. " I don't need for u or anyone to protect me. Is better if you stay away from me." He whispered the last thing too close to my face before letting me go and walking away to I bet his next class since the bell had already rung. I stood there still analyzing what had happened. "W-what?" I asked and looked at Larry. He just shrugged and put his arm around me. "Let's just go, he a weird dude. I bet after class he'll be back to normal." He gave me a reassuring smile and I nodded walking with him to our last classes and saying goodbye to the others. 'What even is his normal?' I thought, still worrying about Kim's sudden changes.

---------------------------------------

The last bell rang signaling the end of the day. I cheered along with Larry and got up, quickly packing my stuff. I walked out of the classroom to meet up with the rest of the group. We meet by the lockers and once again Kim was nowhere to be found. I sighed and decided to leave him alone. "So guys what are we doing today?" I asked. "We could go to the park?" Ash suggested, looking at the group. We all nodded in agreement and decided on the hour. "Have you guys seen that they are rebuilding the Addison Apartments?" Todd said uninterested while looking through his phone. I looked at him with wide eyes. "How can you say that so normally?" Todd shrugged. " We did destroy the cult's temple right?" "We don't know if that was the only one." Larry's words made us all stand in silence. "If we get involved again who knows what might happen. Let's stay out of the apartments for a while." Ash said trying to give a small smile.
We ended up agreeing on only going on to the park but we would check the new apartments another day, who knows if this is the cult's doing?

We walked out of the building and towards the gate. "Uh- Sal dude? Isn't that Kim?" I looked up where Larry was pointing. It indeed was Kim but, with someone else, I didn't think I would see him with. No, I didn't want to see him with that thing. "What is the doing hanging out with Travis?" Ash whispered and all I could do was stare at them, I was confused. 'Why would he be talking with the one that literally beat him up earlier?' My heart dropped to the floor as I saw Kim look my way, but it wasn't how he would usually look at me, it was full of anger. Why would he look at me like that? I just wanted to help him. My friends noticed I was paralyzed by his glare so they surrounded me and we all walked out towards the street.
All I could think about was Kim's glare and being confused if his eyes were his normal lifeless black or a glowing red...

---------------------------------------

Hi guys! I have been resurrected again haha! I'm sorry once again for the delay. School and Writer's block guys. But finally, I had my motivation again and decided to finish this Third chapter and start working on the fourth one. I'm full of ideas rn so it might come soon. But if it doesn't, well I'm sorry again;-;

Hope you guys like this chapter :)

Anti out-