‖ Vivace ‖

●●●●●

Vivace: It means lively or vivacious in Italian. This instruction suggests a fast tempo, bright playing and louder dynamic.

They were both young and in love, and everything was bright and lively in their lives. There was something in the spring air, something magical which is known as 'first love'.

●●●●●

THE PAST, DAEGU

"Play something for me."

I asked her, leaning my head on her shoulder. She laughed at that. We were sitting in front of her piano again and it was a bright Sunday morning.

"You have heard me play the piano a zillion times Taehyungie."

She ruffled my hair and I sighed contentedly at the action, loving the way her warm hands touch my hair like they had done so many times in the past.

"Yes and I love to hear you play. Play me your favorite."

She agreed and I knew what she was going to play before her fingers touched the keys-it was  'Clair de Lune' by Debussy  (although she did love Clara Schumann's Piano Concerto and Robert Schumann's  Scenes from Childhood 'Traumerei' too.)

The piano keys' gentle notes filled the room, and once again I was entranced, utterly bewitched by her but when had I not been? She looked like an angel from heaven when she played the piano and had this ability to captivate her audience, leaving them spellbound.

Her eyes fluttered close as she played the music with passion just like she always did, and I scrambled to dig around the bag lying near my feet for my old camera that she had once gifted me.

 I couldn't resist so I snapped a few pictures of her playing the piano ; her curls cascading down and around her face which was a bit flushed, her long eyelashes almost brushing the tips of her cheeks. She looked so beautiful that I just had  to capture the moment on camera.

After the soft piano notes faded, she turned to me, bashfully tucking her hair behind her ears

"You took my picture, didn't you?"

I just smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

A sudden downpour from the dark clouds filling the usually clear sky was the reason why many students were seeking shelter from the rain under the school's entrance, contemplating whether or not to make a run for it and I was one of them.

Some had made makeshift umbrellas with their bags or notebooks or even newspapers and were running to their respective homes. Some of the fortunate ones had an umbrella and were sharing it with their friends. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't carrying one with me.

I craned my neck to search for her among the crowded place, among the sea of the students around me, but I couldn't spot her. She had been running late as our homeroom teacher had called her in his office to talk about the classes she had missed while she was out of town.

Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arms around me from the back and a grin tugged at my lips at the contact as an all too familiar scent engulfed me. Strawberries.

"It's raining TaeTae!"

She exclaimed and I laughed at her childish enthusiasm -Iseul could be such an immature child sometimes. She loved the rain; actually, she loved any form of precipitation. 

When we were kids, she used to sneak out and dance in the rain and jump on muddy puddles, only to catch a nasty cold and be scolded by her father the next day. But that didn't deter her from doing so again and again. 

She sometimes even dragged me to play out in the rain with her, and then we would dirty all our clothes and earn the wrath of our very angry parents.  But that was back when we little kids.

So when she abruptly left my side, making me whip my head to search for her once again, I didn't really expect her to find her out running in the rain.

 She was drenched in a minute of course.

"Taehyungie, c'mon!"

She waved to me and motioned for me to come and join her, and I sighed loudly, knowing that I wouldn't be able to say no. Several amused heads turned in my direction and I could see people laughing. Then again, they were all used to Iseul's antics- she was famous in our school for them.

I ran towards her with my bag over my head to shield myself from the cold raindrops, who now had her face raised to embrace those same raindrops falling from the darkened skies. 

Her cheeks and eyelids glistened with shiny clear drops of water, her hair already beginning to stick all around her face. But she had a giddy grin on her face, and it made me grin back in return; my heart thumping loudly in my chest because of how pretty she looked, even while getting soaked in the rain.

"You'll get sick again Iseul-ah"

 I grabbed her arm and placed my bag to cover her head as she had her own purple one strapped to her back.

"No I won't, now you are sounding like dad."

She scoffed and swatted me away. I exhaled a long drawn out sigh as she continued to prance about in the rain, not even minding the people who were beginning to look at her.

"Yah, don't be so childish! You are fourteen not four."

"Yah, have some fun sometimes Tae! Can't I be childish for a while?"

She pouted at me, and grabbed my hand to twirl herself. I felt a chuckle bubbling in my throat but I suppressed it.

"Iseul-ah, enough now. Let's go home, you are soaking wet now."

"Okay okay! But you have to dance with me in the rain for a bit."

"You're crazy."

I laughed and shook my head but still wrapped my arms around her waist and swayed her gently as she giggled as I knew that the damage was now done and we were both dripping wet anyways. Once again Park Iseul had gotten what she wanted as always.

Soon my bag was forgotten and laid near our feet on the muddy ground as I clutched her closer and we danced around in circles, our laughter drowning out the pelting raindrops on the ground.

 I knew that I would be scolded a lot when we got home for getting wet in the rain, but I didn't care. All I wanted was embrace her close and tighter. I didn't even feel the cold raindrops anymore, all I felt was her warm body against mine.

And when she stretched on her tiptoes to crash her soft lips on mine, I didn't protest at all.

●●●●●