The meeting

Looking over his shoulder, he watches the sun glide down millimetre by millimetre. like a raindrop sliding down a car window. He slowly reaches into his bag and pulls out his headphones. He plugs them into his phone and puts them on trying his best to block out the rest of the world. His ear length black hair flows like a delicate river in the wind and his dark brown eyes now took on more of a honey colour as the now eye-level sun gleams straight into them. He looks majestic unlike his emotions.

He spends most days sitting alone in his room, in the dark on his phone. The only comfort available is his blanket that has gone from a rich shade of green to a dark and dust grey. His parents are always away on business so he has the whole house to himself  but hates every second he spends there as it reminds him of how he's alone.

He slowly walks to the beat of the song down his road. Nearing his house he dreads going in so decides to sit on the front porch for a little while. His tall build casts a vast shadow onto the pavement behind him. Glancing up he taps his feet to the beat of the music.

A tap on his shoulder startled him. He freezes hoping it was a figment of his imagination only to see a teenage girl, around his age, poke her head out from behind him. Before he can get a word in she sits down beside him and signals to him to take off his headphones. Obeying her orders he feels inferior and anxious however he has a bubbling excitement growing within him.

She introduces herself, "hi, i'm new to quensington high school and was wondering if tomorrow you could show me around. I was gonna ask you at lunch but couldn't find you .It would be convenient for the both of us as it appears we are neighbours and you also seem pretty cool" . She patiently waits for a reply but he stays silent.

"oh by the way i'm Koko". A few long seconds pass before he replies.

" i'm Theo " .

A warm smile strolls across her face." nice to meet you Theo, well i'll meet you here at 7:30 tomorrow morning and we can walk to school together"

Before Theo can respond she confidently stands up and  walks away. Theo stays seated thinking about what just happened to him. A smile slowly forms on his face but that happiness slowly turns to nerves as he realises he is going to be spending the next few days with her.

He walks up to his front door and goes inside. He goes into his bed and wraps himself in his blanket. "Koko," he says aloud in a whimsical voice , i like that name. And with that he carries on his day like normal but instead of the small void inside of him there's little butterflies twirling around.