Words

"Charlie was my best friend; we meet in grade one when I moved. She took me under her wing and looked after me. She was still looking after me until the day she left us. But no one was looking after her, I wish I was looking after her the way she has always looked after me but I failed her. We all failed to look after the one person that always looked after everyone else. I remember the first time Charlie came around to my place. My two older brothers where being assholes now they were 10 and 12. Charlie and I were 6, they were pushing me around now Charlie walked up to them and told them to stop and I can remember that they looked down at her and laughed. That was the worst thing they have ever down in their life. Her face went red, her nose flared, her eyes wild. She whooped their ass's like no one has ever done before."

"Charlie and I done everything together, no one could ever split us up. She loved her family and friends with everything she had. Her dream was to become someone that would help other people out. She done that in the short life that she lived. She helped her Mum out when she was in need, she helped me out with pretty much everything. She was the sister I never had, the best friend everyone wanted. She even helped people she only just met, like Blake. She helped Blake settle into a new town in a day, she helped him make amazing friends but most of all she helped him love again. She might be gone but Charlie will always be with us in our hearts no matter what we do or where we go. We love you Charlie." I say wiping a tear away before walking down the stairs back to my seat next to Blake and Anna.

Charlie loved life and whatever it threw at her. She is the person I want to be. Anna grabs my hand holding it tight, I give her hand a small squeeze back making sure she knows I'm here for her. They still don't know how she got there or what happened to her in the days that she was still alive but I guess once they find the person that done this to her, they will then find out why. I hope, Anna really needs to find out. Charlies funeral is everything she would have wanted. Sunflowers and roses lay on her bright blue coffin, Anna and I made sure we got all her favourite things. Her all-time favourite song girls just wanna have fun play as we head out of the church to watch her coffin get taken away.

Anna didn't want to have a wake after she just couldn't bring herself to do so and I don't blame her. Blake has been MIA since we found out two weeks ago. I have tried to call and message him but he never answers. Today is the first time I have seen him since Nate dropped him off at his house when he had his break down. Blake, Jodie Charlie's Dad and myself all head back to Anna's for a drink for Charlie. I have not seen Charlie's Dad since he left them when Charlie and I first started high school. Jimmy was a good Dad when he was around, he would always be outside playing with us when we were little. He hasn't changed much, his hair still messy on his head just a slight grey, his glasses still a little too big to fit, his brown eyes look lost and tired. But I guess that would happen if you just lost your daughter that you had not seen in over three years.

"Amy look how big you have gotten." Jimmy says pulling me in for a hug. "Yeah, that's how it goes when you are not around for years." I say pushing myself out of his arms. "Look Amy I know you are really upset that I wasn't around to help out but you know I couldn't stay here." Jimmy says looking me in the eyes. "Yeah, well if you did stick around this wouldn't have happened." I spit out before turning around to walk off over to Blake.

"Hey, Blake how have you been? I haven't seen you in ages." I say taking a sip of my drink. "Who were you just talking to?" He questions me not answering my questions. "That's Charlie's Dad Jimmy." I say looking back over at Jimmy who is talking to Anna and Jodie. "And what everyone thinks that he didn't have anything to do with Charlie's death." Blake states. "Blake don't do it. Don't go down that road. Once you go down it, trust me it's really hard to come back from it." I say grabbing his hand making him look at me. "And how do you know?" Blake snaps looking at me pulling his hand away. "Just trust me I do." I say thinking about it.

"So, what you come over here to tell me not to do something. But you won't tell me why you really don't want me to do it." Blake whispers into my ear so only I can hear. "Blake if you do this you will lose sight of everything that is true around you. You will lose your friends and your family. Do you really want that?" I question him not backing down. "If it means finding out the truth about what really happened to Charlie then yes, I really don't care." Blake says walking upstairs. I follow him knowing that he doesn't want to be followed but I have to make him change his mind.

"Really Amy what do you want now?" He yells out. "Don't yell just follow me." I say walking down the hall way past Charlies room to the spare room that never gets opened. "We can't go in there." Blake says grabbing my hand to stop me from going in. "Yes, we can it's my old room from when I lived here." I say looking up to see that Blake has a confused look on his face. We quickly step into the room and close the door before anyone sees us going in here. "Okay why are you now acting weird?" Blake asks me as I make my way over to the dresser. I open the top draw pulling it out of its hole and bring it over to Blake who is now sitting on the bed. I tip the stuff out onto the bed next to him and start sorting through it.

"Wait, Amy what is all this? Why haven't you told me that you have been looking into Charlies death?" Blake questions jumping up from where he was sitting like is now on fire. "This here isn't Charlie. Charlie went over to her Dads for a holiday a couple years back and there was this girl that she had seen there that looked just like her. She asked her parents about this girl but they denied everything." I say thinking back to the day she rung me about this. "Wait what I'm so confused." Blake says scratching his head, his eyes looking lost in the pictures. "Charlie thought she had a twin sister." I say. "So, you are telling me that Charlie seen this person that looks just like her. Then asked her parents about her and they denied it all so she started looking into her." Blake states. "Congratulations you have finally got it." I say sarcastically, winning myself a dirty look form Blake.

"Charlie buried herself into finding this girl for over a year. She missed that much school they tried to keep her down to repeat but her Mum didn't like that. She got that lost in all of this that she would forget to shower or eat or even talk to people. Anna asked me to move in to get Charlie out of her little world and back to the big world." I say putting the photos back and the information away. "So, did she ever find out who she is?" Blake questions me. I shake my head. "Well why did she give up?" Blake asks grabbing a photo to get a good look at it. "I don't know I remember getting woken up one day, Charlie was in her room packing all of this up. She told me I had to hide this is to make sure that no one ever finds it. Her Parents don't even know." I say getting back up to put the draw back in its place.

"Wait has it been sitting there this whole time?" Blake asks getting off the bed. "No when Charlie went missing, I took it back to my place. I didn't want the police to find it." I say closing the door behind us. "I think we should hand this into the police. I might be able to help them find the person that done this. Or they might find out who this girl is in this photo." Blake says putting the photo into his jacket. "No, I will not do that Charlie didn't want this found. I don't know why but she didn't want anyone to see it." I say getting annoyed that Blake hasn't listened to anything I have told him. "Amy, they have to see this!' he yells as we make our way down the stairs. "Fine but we will be looking through this first in case we find someone we don't want getting out." I say thinking about why Charlie never told me why she put it all away.

What happens if she has a twin? What happens if this girl in the photo is the one that is in Charlies grave and not Charlie? Maybe she is just a look alike of Charlie. They say that everyone has a double somewhere in the world. Maybe she found hers.