Chapter 6

"So Fury, why did you want me and Spider here to meet?" I asked.

"Remember how I told you I have a few new projects for you? Well I need you to work with Spider-Man and when Gigi told me about your little "problem" it made teaming you two up so much easier." Fury replied.

"And what "problem" would that be?" I asked. Spider just watched us as me and Fury went back and forth.

"The experiment gone wrong." Fury said with such confidence in his voice and a little bit of anger.

"I didn't mean to tell." Gigi cried from my shoulder.

"It's okay," I said trying to comfort her. "You don't know anything." I snapped back at Fury.

"I know enough."

"I don't really know what's going on right now but I'm curious is that a Groot?" Spider asked referring to Gigi on my shoulder.

"Not exactly," I replied. "Wait, how do you know what a Groot is?"

"I may have met one briefly in the battle against Thanos." Spider answered.

"'Briefly' that makes sense." I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?

"Well clearly you know nothing about Groot's. Gigi is the first female Groot. But technically she's not a Groot because it is physically impossible for there to be a full biological female Groot. She is a mix of the remains from my past Groot and a variety of different plants and organisms that share similar genes."

Spider stood there for a minute whilst staring at me. Fury hadn't heard anything I said because he was too wrapped up in his own priorities.

"I don't know what you just said but we have bigger things to talk about." Fury broke out of the silence.

"What is it?" Spider asked.

"You two are going to be partners so I need you to fully trust each other. Which means I'm going to be putting you through a series of tests and maybe in time you two will learn that those masks are unnecessary around one another." Fury explained.

"I don't know I'm pretty fond of the mask." I said. Fury sighed in frustration and walked over to a computer.

"You two go into that room." Fury said and pointed to a door on his left.

"Fine, come on Spider." I said and dragged Spider into the room with me.

"Uh, what is this?" Spider asked when we walked into the room. It was pitch black, except for a chair in the middle of the room where a light shined down on it.

"No," I said and turned around to walk out but the door slammed shut. "No, no, Fury! Open this damn door right now!"

"What going on?" Spider asked.

"Not again." I said as a silver tipped arrow came flying towards me. I grabbed it right before it hit my head.

"What the heck?!" Spider yelled, a bit scared.

"This...is what Fury calls training." I said walking over to the chair and sitting in it. "But first, he wants to test me." Mental cuffs wrapped around my arms and legs.

"You know the drill." Fury said over the intercom.

"Wha-what does that mean?" Spider asked.

Seconds later 15 arrows came flying towards me. Instead of going through me the arrows shattered when in a 2 foot radius.

"What the heck was that?!" Spider exclaimed still in disbelief.

I broke through the cuffs without struggle, "Happy now?"

"Not yet."

"Of course not because what could ever satisfy the great Nick Fury," I said and rolled my eyes.

"Okay, um, can-can someone explained to me what-what's going on," Spider said trying to comprehend everything.

"It's a long story and I don't think I should get into it right now," I explained.

"Okay, for this next one I need you two to work together," Fury said.

"You ready, Spider?" I asked with a smirk.

"Not-not really,"

"Don't worry, I got your back," I said and the training began.

Two hours later...

The door finally opened and me and Spider were let out and done with training.

"I hate you," I said blankly but playfully to Fury.

"I know, but you're gonna explain what happened when we get back to the house," Fury said not looking for an argument but I gave him one anyway.

"Why do I have to explain anything to you?" I asked.

"Because you did an un-authorized experiment and you got hurt. You are my responsibility and I can't let anything happen to you, if your mother were here-" I interrupted.

"But she's not," I said. "She's not here. And I think it's great that you care but I didn't get hurt. If anything that experiment made me better."

"Maybe but just because it's going well now doesn't mean that it won't go wrong in the future," Fury replied.

"I should be getting home," Spider said breaking the tension. "This was...fun but I'm out." he said and ran out.

"We should get going too, it's late," I said and put Gigi on my shoulder. "We'll be waiting in the car."

The next day... (Peter's POV)

"So, what happened yesterday?" Ned asked as I grabbed my books out of my locker.

"I met this new girl and we did some training," I said casually.

"A new girl?" Ned asked.

"Yeah, he called her Hybrid. I kinda get the feeling she's Mr. Fury's daughter," I told him.

"What are you two nerds talking about?" MJ asked when she approached us.

"Peter had a meeting with Nick Fury yesterday," Ned explained.

"It wasn't that big of a deal," I said and we started walking off to our first class.

"So what happened?" MJ asked.

"I met this new girl, Hybrid, and we did a bit of training. Really its not that big of a deal," I said and we walked into class. We scattered when we got inside since we all sat in different places. When we got inside y/n was already there sitting in the seat next to mine drawing something in the sketchbook she had at lunch the day before.

"Hey, y/n," I said and sat down in my seat.

"Hey, Peter," she said not looking up. We sat in silence and she kept drawing until Mr. Reycold came in.

Hello,

I know, I know. I haven't updated here in a while so here you go. No one is probably even reading this other than my cousin but hey she might bug me for another chapter so mine as well. Okay, I'm getting tired so I'm gonna go. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye.

Kiwi.