Chapter 8

She had the black diary clutch to her chest. "Ginny, please don't be dead!" Harry said panic stricken. "Wake up wake up!" I pushed her hair out of her face and brought my ear to her lips. I could hear her faint breathing but it was getting slower.

"She won't wake." A teenaged boy emerged from the shadows, he was wearing the Slytherin uniform but it was strange because I have never seen him in the common room let alone the school.

Harry snapped his head up, but I kept my eyes trained on Ginny which were brimmed with warm tears and I tried not to let them fall. I racked my brain for any spells that might help but I couldn't think of any.

The boy began to walk towards us. "Tom? Tom Riddle?" Harry sounded just as confused as I must have looked. I watched the scene play out as silent tears slipped down my face. "What do you mean she won't wake?" Harry asked. "She's not-"

The boy picked up the pace, "she's still alive. But only just." He had a stone cold face, no emotion in his eyes at all. Harry sat, "are you a ghost?" The boy stopped a few feet from Ginny. "A memory, preserved in a diary for fifty years."

He looked down at me a faint smile tugging at the corner of his lips. I shuddered as I focused my attention back on Ginny. I touched Ginny's hand, "she's as cold as ice." Harry looked desperate and he turned back to Tom. "You have to help us save her!" I watched Tom as he picked up Harry's wand rotating it lightly in his fingers.

"Come on Ginny! Wake up!" Harry's voice sounded urgent. "Tom you have to help us! There's a basilisk-" "It won't come 'till it's called." Tom stated and Harry slowly stood up and held out his hand. "Give me my wand Tom." I slowly released Ginny's head and stood keeping my wand concealed.

"You won't be needing it." He stated plainly. "Listen! We've got to go! We've got to save her!" I said trying not get angry. "I'm afraid I can't do that Y/N, you see as young Ginny gets weaker, I grow stronger." Alright this dude was acting super sus. How did he know my name and what type of voodoo stuff is he doing to Ginny?

I looked around as realization struck, "yes Y/N. It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets." I shook my head. "No! She couldn't, she wouldn't." " It was Ginny who wrote those frightening messages on the wall, Ginny who sent the basilisk on the students and Filches cat."

"But why?" Harry asked. "Because I told her to." Tom replied, "you'll find I can be very persuasive." His expression hardened, "not that she knew what she was doing. She was in... shall we say some sort of trance? Still, the power of the diary began to scare her, she tried to dispose of it in the girls bathroom. And then who should find it but you." He pointed the wand at Harry as he began to circle us.

"One of the people I was most anxious to meet." Harry stepped forward only about 6 inches from Tom. "And why did you want to meet me?" Harry asked his voice hard and angry.

"I knew I had to talk to you. Meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust." I stepped forward balling my fists. "HAGRID'S OUR FRIEND! And you framed him didn't you?" Tom smirked.

"It was my word against Hagrid's, only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." Harry smiled, "I bet Dumbledore saw right through you." "He certainly kept an annoyingly close eye on me after that. I knew it wasn't safe to open the chamber while I was still at school so I decided to leave behind a diary.

"Preserving my 16 year old self in its pages so that one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work." I glared at the teen, "well you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours the mandrakes draught will be ready. And everyone who was petrified will be alright again." His lip curled, "but haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For months now my target has been you two!"