Chapter Four

A/N: hola, peeps!

So I wanted to address the situation about the book's plot being changed. Yes, it's changed. Arranged marriage trope doesn't really attract readers, so I decided to change it. Tbh, I didn't like it either. I'm truly sorry that the people who enjoyed the unedited book won't be able to find it anymore.

And before any of you say anything, I'm not changing the plot again, lol. I'm pretty confident with this one. I'm literally working my ass off for it. I think I have an amazing plot and well-thought-up characters now. If you don't like it, feel free to stop reading. And I'm not saying this in a rude way.

Thank you, have a good day!

****

              Adrian's POV

Precisely as I predicted, it didn't take me longer than forty-eight hours to find Giovanni.

"I'm definitely going to enjoy killing the shit out of him!" Marquise hopped inside the backseat of the car. He was grinning like it was the best day of his life. And it was. "I saved my best suit for today. Don't you just love life?"

"You're late," I said, ignoring his previous statement.

"I'm always late. You should be used to it by now."

Before I could reply, Kai entered the car and closed the door. He was carrying a bag with equipment he'd need for tonight's plan.

The driver started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Put these on," Kai said, passing us tiny wireless earpieces. "The microphone located on the transmitter is very sensitive. It lets me hear everything you say, even a whisper."

Marquise sighed and put it on. "I don't think I can never understand how earpieces work."

I put the cord around my neck and covered it with the collar of my shirt. Then, I put the earpiece into my ear.

The car came to a stop half an hour later. The locale wasn't one of the best. Plastic cups, bottles, and cigarettes were all over the road and sidewalks. A dead dog was lying in the middle of the road. I held my breath as we passed by it, not wanting to smell the stench of a dog that had probably been hit by a car days ago.

A few people sat and hung around on the sidewalks; smoking, drinking, and some moving out of our way. Behind their gazes, I could see the fear in their eyes. No one crossed the narrow road as we stalked to the club.

A tiny building came into view. The building looked tattered instead of a lively club with security guards standing in front.

Marquise and I got inside the building. The place looked like an old shop. Almost every material was grubby and ancient. Getting rid of this place would notably do more good than I expected it to do.

"What can I help y'all with?" A deep voice with a southern accent said.

A man was sitting behind a desk, reading a magazine. He had piercings on his eyebrows, bottom lip, and ears. His tattooed forearms were visible from the rolled-up sleeves of his ragged shirt. It wasn't difficult to guess he was one of Giovanni's men.

"So...," Marquise whispered, "aren't you going to kill him?"

"No, you kill him."

My dress shirt was white and neat to ruin. At least Marquise's was black. Even if blood got spilled, it wouldn't get noticed.