Chapter 6

Narcisa woke up surrounded on her hospital bed. The first person her sleepy eyes drifted to was the person who stook out the most, with his shiny ginger hair Arthur Weasley stood at the foot of her hospital bed with his hand on its railing. He hadn't noticed Narcisa had woken, nobody had. He wore a worried and nervous look on his face but Narcisa could also sense a tone of disgust in his eyes. On her left sat Helena who was sobbing and holding onto Narcisas hand. On her right sat Arielle, who was sitting talking to Crabbe and Goyle who were standing just behind her. Narcisa's heart stopped, if Crabbe and Goyle were there then that must mean, she looked at Arthur and followed where his eyes were looking. She realized why he was disgusted, standing in the far corner of the hospital wing was Lucius. He was staring between Arthur and Narcisa but he was the first to realize that she had woken up. As soon as he realized that she was awake and okay, he called over Crabbe and Goyle and then he left, leaving Narcisa with a sobbing Helena, a worried Arielle and a tense Arthur.

The next to notice Narcisa had awoken was Helena, she let out an ear piercing scream which made Madam Pomfrey, the new school matron, rush over, her white face now a deep red and scolded Helena for what, Narcisa knew, wasn't this first time that evening. Narcisa tried to cover her ears but found she didn't have the strength to do so. "Miss Burke, I've already warned you several times this evening but now I'm going to have to ask you to leave" she said, sternly pointing her skinny finger at the doorway out of the hospital wing. "But look, it's Narcisa, she's awake" squealed Helena. Madam Pomfrey's eyes flew from Helena to Narcisa and she softened quicker than butter in heat before turning stern again. "Right everyone, out now" she said, clapping her hands together, grabbing Helenas chair and pulling it out from underneath her "Narcisa needs plenty of rest, not you lot badgering her with silly questions, go on now" she was saying about to grab Arielle's chair but Arielle had already jumped to her feet.

The girls had tried to protest as Madam Pomfrey shooed them out the door but gave up and gave Narcisa a wave before Madam Pomfrey shut the door to the hospital wing. When she returned she let out a sigh "You too Arthur dear, no exceptions" she said making her way over to him to shoo him out aswell. Arthur just looked at her, his face was solem and Narcisa had never really seen him without a smile on his face. He whispered something to the nurse, something Narcisa couldn't hear. Madam Pomfreys face went a deep shade of red again and she began to splutter "Arthur...how...how dare you" she was saying, putting her hand to her chest as if trying to force air into her lungs.

Arthur went to whisper again but this time Narcisa heard him "I'm telling you somethings not right, there's marks, curse marks, all over her thighs and Merlín knows where else, and the way she fainted. It wasn't normal, somethings wrong with her" he finished. Narcisa was frozen in place, there was indeed curse marks all over her thighs, all over everywhere in fact. It was part of a punishment the Black family liked to give for unacceptable behavior.

Her parents, more so her mother, liked to use it a lot. The Diffindo Curse, which would rip chunks of skin from the wand wavers desired body part. Since they were magically inflicted wounds they took months to heal and more often then not left rather prominent scars. Narcisa had learnt spells from her sister Andromeda which helped cover the scars which were located all over her body, except of course her face which her mother nor father never touched on any of their girls. The spells were time consuming and strenuous, especially if she were to do them herself and all over her body so she tended to only cover the places that would be seen by other.

Nobody else knew about her scars, she had never been to the hospital wing before because she had always been careful. Andromeda had taught her the spells after her first encounter with the Diffindo Curse at the hands of her mother at age seven. Narcisa had not yet memorized the Black family tree as she had ought to have done by age five and her mother had finally decided she had had enough. Narcisa remembered her mother extracting her wand, Bellatrix was standing in the corner with a wide smirk on her face looking down at Narcisa while Andromeda was standing beside her, her face contorted in terror.