ch-5) Holiday

PERCY POV:

The next two weeks went away as usual, following the same routine-

breakfast

hunters' prank

Laundry

prank

sharpening arrows

training

prank

dinner

swimming

sleeping

The Hunters in the beginning would just switch my cloths to girly stuff or set up traps but later they have become more deadly. Now the hunters would send wolves or hoard of deer behind me when I wasn't suspecting.

I was excited for this day to come...that is Holiday. It was my first since I became the guardian. I looked around outside the tent. it was still a little dark outside.

It was six in the morning! I never woke up so early. Usually I would wake up ten minutes before my reporting time. Anyways I went to wash, brushed my teeth and changed to some good cloths. I slowly went to Artemis's tent  

I knocked on her door a few times. I came face to face with a sleepy Artemis.

"Will you come with me? We will go somewhere and have fun." I asked her. Lately we both had grown closer and I like it. I know I cant date a maiden goddess but this is the closest I can be with her. She nodded and asked me to get in till she changed and had shower. 

Her tent was neat and elegant. it was silver with brown furniture and a nice bed. On the other side there was the washroom and room full of her personal weapons.

She came out looking as beautiful as ever. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She smiled and wrote a note for the others telling that she has some work and would come by dinner time.

 She took my hand and we teleported to Montauk Beach.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I asked.

"Yes it is." She replied, taking in the smell of ocean and salt.

"My mom and me always came here for vacation. this was our favorite ans secret place. My mom and dad first met each other at this very place." I told her.

We sat in comfortable silence for some time. She rested her head on my shoulder. My heart was beating fast like a hyper Leo on high sugar.

"Wanna go for a swim?" I asked her. 

"I didn't wear something for swim." She honestly told me.

"No problem." I smirked ans snapped my finger. Her dress changed to a least reveling swimsuit.

"How?" She gaped.

"Having the blessing of creator of universe has its own perks." I grinned, "I discovered it a few days ago."

Be fore she could respond I picked er up, bridal style and ran towards the water.

"Percy let me down!" She started beating my chest and thrashing to get out of my grip. We were now waist high in the water.

"You want he to let you down? Here you go!" I dumped her in the water. She came up, soaking wet. We both couldn't help but laugh.

"I have some surprise. Just trust me." I said and picked her up again. I dived into the deep waters, creating an air bubble around us. I asked the different schools of fish to come to us. They swam around our air bubble. There were many of different colors and species.

"Beautiful!" Artemis exclaimed.

"Just like you" I told her truthfully before I could stop myself. "Sorry Arty. I didn't want to act like a perv." I took a sudden interest in my shoes.

"You are not a perv Percy. Its not bad to compliment someone." She told me. That brightened my mood.

 I willed the currents to take us to colorful reefs full of sea life forms. I looked at the watch it was nearly two in the afternoon. I gasped. we were like five hours underwater. 

I thanked the fish for helping me and soon we were out of the water. If any one saw us coming out the water completely dry would have fainted.

"Wait for a minute." I told Artemis. I flashed to my tent and got a large blanket and spare dishes. I spread the blanket under the shadows of the trees and brought Artemis over.

"Lunch milady!" I tried a posh accent, failing at it.

I summoned us a large pepperoni pizza and shared it. 

I vapor-traveled to my tent to put the dishes and flashed back. We talked the whole time about everything and nothing or sat in comfortable silence.

Soon it was time for us to return. I shadow traveled us to my tent and with a snap of my fingers, changed Artemis's cloths back to normal.

"Thanks for everything Arty." I told her as she went out of the tent to flash away, not to make hunters suspicious.

"I should thank you Percy. Not all men are the same. You are an exception." These words made me feel like my life couldn't get any better but fates had something else in stock for me...

ARTEMIS POV:

I was very happy the whole time we, that is Percy and me, were having a break from the whole hunt. 

We were literally five hours under the seas, admiring the marine life and beauty.

My heart fluttered when he called me beautiful though he didn't want to voice that out. Apparently we had grown closer in the past three weeks since he joined the Hunt. 

He is not like other men. He cares for everyone around him. Most of the hunters had warmed up towards him though some hunters like Phobe and Atlanta still don't like his presence.

His aura emitted warmth and love. I can't disagree now, I like him... though I am a maiden goddess but I have some feelings for him.

I now can't imagine the hunt without him here.

With these thoughts I drifted to a deep slumber, not knowing that the next day would be the worst ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~