05. Kiss (End)

❤

..

05. KISS

"Have you and your friend been having fun tonight?" Rory asks while leading Joshua into his minimalist-styled bedroom.

Joshua's heart is seconds from leaping out of his chest as he opens his mouth to answer the question, but he soon finds himself going mute after Rory shuts the door and takes his shirt off.

Joshua's mind goes blank as he awkwardly stares at Rory's sixpack.

Rory posts shirtless selfies all the time on social media, so this isn't the first time that Joshua has seen him like this, however, it is the first time that Joshua has seen Rory like this in person and what a beautiful fucking sight it is to witness.

"Hey. You still with me, Joshua?" Rory chuckles at the starstruck look that's on Joshua's face. Teasingly, Rory points at his bare torso and smirks. "See something you like? Or don't like?" Rory walks to Joshua in a casual yet tempting manner, needing to get inside the dresser that Joshua is leaning against for support. Rory stands unnecessarily close to the boy as he pulls a clean shirt from one of the drawers. "Anyway, the bathroom is over there if you still need it."

Joshua whispers a barely audible 'thanks' before taking off in the direction where Rory had pointed. Joshua locks himself inside the bathroom, taking a few minutes to try and regain his composure.

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Joshua stares at his bewildered reflection in the mirror, his cheeks tinted pink and eyes opened wide. I'm not imagining it. Rory was definitely flirting with me. His voice, that smirk... could he be...?

Joshua splashes cold water on his face while praying for strength because he doesn't want to give Rory the wrong impression by coming off skittish or uninterested. Truthfully, Joshua is enjoying all the attention that Rory has been giving him tonight. Joshua's only problem is that he doesn't know how to handle himself when being hit on by his crush. 

"Did you get lost in there?" Rory calls out from the bedroom, laughing. 

"Almost! Your damn bathroom is like two of my bedrooms," Joshua jokes. "No one person needs this much of a bathroom. Honestly."

Joshua flushes the toilet to make it seem like he used it, and then he makes his way back into the bedroom. He frowns a bit, slightly disappointed to see Rory with a new shirt on.

"And to answer your question from earlier," Joshua starts, "even though parties aren't really my thing, me and my friend have been having fun tonight. All of your friends seem to be having a great time as well. I haven't seen anyone look anything other than happy."

"Yeah... I wouldn't really call most of the people downstairs my friends." Rory is sitting on his bed while he hooks his phone up to the charger, chuckling humorlessly at Joshua's statement. "Don't get me wrong, I'm close with a few of them, but not all of them. I'd say the majority of the people downstairs are associates to me rather than friends."