CHAPTER 5- TAPE 4

After taking a bath, I decided to go to Starbucks, Starbucks always help me calm my mind and relieve stress. I told Pandora to take Jewel for a walk and not to cook anything for the evening as I was going to buy myself an Iced White Chocolate Mocha, she told me it is not good to go to Starbucks so often, but I was adamant, she gave me some cash and I  inserted the fourth tape in my walkman stuffed the walkman in my pocket connecting my earphones, my fingers slowly pressed play.

Do you remember the dance fete held every year in our school followed by a  grand banquet?

I remember, even I performed in that event thrice, I mean I was forced to either by my mum or by the teachers. But when I reached my freshman year I had a choice either to just focus on studies or go for sports or to take part in cultural events,  whenever held, so I had taken sports.

 This year even I was there, in the very front line, Did anyone notice me? Ok, so I was never fond of dancing neither was I interested, but someone made me love the art of dance, she taught me the steps perfectly, explained to me and I realized how beautiful dance was, how we can depict our feelings through the movement of our body, gestures, expressions and many more, but was I able to dance openly with my partner? No. 

I did not attend this time because I and my family were on a vacation to my cousins' place, but I had seen the photos in our school's monthly magazine, It was given the title as- DANCE IT OFF, but I never saw Sophie in any of the images,  I knew she had taken part, I had heard Sky telling it to Adam, wait maybe Adam did not take her pic, because they were enemies, I slackened my shoulders a little and continued the tape. My mind is messed up at this moment, completely messed up.

I will tell you how, but first whose tape is this? I will give you two minutes to guess.

Umm, can it be Gina, the captain of the team or maybe it can even be Amy, the most popular and appreciated dancer of the squad, I can't guess anymore, I closed my eyes tightly, as her voice came to life?

So now I will tell you whose tape this is, it is Amy's. Amy Elinoise Requel.

I did guess it right.

Amy, you gave me wings but did not let me fly, I will tell you, how?

Uma, who was in the team, had to return back to India and a few other students had also left the gang and hence Gina, the leader of the team was searching for members to add on, as I said I was not interested at all, but after maths class, Amy you came to me running, you took a sip of water from your bottle and spoke quickly, in between panting. You told me to come to the dance tryouts, as I have chosen cultural events,  I told you that I was not keen on dancing, and that I will take part in some other cultural event, but you just told me to meet you near the computer lab and that if I liked the first set of tryouts, I can appear for the next batch, you tilted your head and with a puppy face looked at me, then you put your fingers in your hair and tied your hair into a bun, then you asked me whether I was ready. I was not ready, but I thought to give it a try, "Ok, I will join you" I said, "Cool" you said giving a big smile "meet me near the computer lab, after lunch, we will go together" I nodded and walked to my locker to seize my physics notes. After lunch, I saw you, Amy you were waiting for me, we both went to the practice hall and sat. Gina and Kiara were taking the auditions, first came Malcolm he did a freestyle on the English song-  Shape of You.

Then, came Amara, she did a beautiful gymnastic piece on the song- See ya,  and many more students came with a variety of dance styles and songs and I got a gush of enthusiasm in taking part in this programme.

But now who will help me ready my dance piece, you offered. We decided to do a freestyle. Every evening at six we would gather at my place, we started with simple steps and then went to complicated, you helped me a lot, cleaning many things like- twisting my waist, pointing my toes, high jumps, many more that were one of the best moments of my life, we joked, did funny dance and the warm-up and the happy dance, oh my god, were the funniest, but this did not last, keep listening, to know the truth.