Just A Little Gold / The Price Tag of Happiness

"Code red!"

Pope was docked by her private marina as she suntanned under the blue sky in her beautiful bathing suit that complimented her body perfectly. She tilted down her sunglasses and closed her book, swinging her legs around the beach bed. "For what?"

She grabbed the shorts that had been thrown off as she stepped into them, placing her shoes on. "JJ and John B conked out in the marsh. They need a tow and we're picking up Kie," he said as he squinted into the sun. She picked up her bag and made sure the door was locked as she stepped in front of the boat, "They are perfectly capable of fixing the boat Pope. Tell me what's really going on."

He huffed, "I can't." She rolled her eyes but boarded the boat.

After a few moments, they helped Kie onto the boat who had the same reaction, "Uh, okay, well, what does that have to do with me?" "We need you for mechanical."

Cassie looked up at Kie, "There's something going on, but he won't break." Pope turned and kept up the act, "John B and JJ are up in the Alp." "I guess they can't do anything without us, Cass," Kie smirked as Pope rolled his eyes with a grin.

~~~

They approached the larger boat as Cassie and Kie got ready to board. JJ helped Cassie up as he walked over to the covered area, very visably shirtless with his abs very prominent, "What happened?" 

Kie looked down into the engine area. John B got up with a wrench in his hand. Neither girl made eye contact. "Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." "It's not charged," JJ added as Cassie looked up at him, "Did you check the plugs?"

JJ shrugged, "No. No, you should check 'em." JJ pressed a cheeky kiss on her shoulder as her back was hunched over the alternator. Cassie frowned and gave a confused look to Kie as she looked up as well, "Uh... is this a joke? There are no plugs, like, at all."

And with that, the two boys jumped into the water, swimming over to Pope's boat that was 30 feet away. Cassie ran to the edge, "What the hell?!" From her feet, she was able to hear banging and yelling, "John B! John B, let me out! John-- John B!" Cassie opened up the hatch as a Sarah Cameron sat below her. Cassie retracted quickly and started yelling again, "You guys are such assholes!"

The boat was already too far for Cassie to swim over as JJ and John B were smiling and laughing while Kie and Sarah attempted to get them to return. "Are you serious?" "Are you joking?" "Get your asses back here!"

John B smiled back, "We can't. Not till you two figure it out." Kie was very upset as she yelled back, "I will kill every single one of you!" "Y-You can't just leave!" Sarah added. "There's food in the cabin, and JJ rolled a blunt," Pope said, very satisfied with her plan. JJ smirked at Cassie, "Hydroponic!"

"This is ridiculous," Sarah said as she started to pull her clothes off to swim. Cassie and Kie stayed planted on the deck. Kie rolled her eyes, "Well, I would rather drown than stay here with you, so..."

Sarah pulled her shirt over her head, "Fine, be my guest. Maybe you'll finally shut the hell up." Cassie rolled her eyes, "God, you're so annoying, maybe you could please shut up?"

"You don't even know where you're going," Kie said as Sarah dived into the water. "I don't care," she answered. Cassie glared at the girl swimming, "Good luck with the oyster beds," she yelled as she then whispered, "Brainless bitch." Making Kie let out a bitter laugh.

Sarah called up to the boat as she swam, "Wait!" Which made Pope speed up, leaving the marsh. "John B, you asshole!"

Cassie crossed her arms, "They're not coming back for you! Just 'cause John B has a silly crush, he isn't coming back. I taught my boys well unfortunately." John B sent a kiss to the girls, "Love you, guys! Bye!" "Don't hate me Cass! I'll remember your beautiful face as I fall asleep in my warm bed!" He sent her a kiss as she stuck up the middle finger and yelled back, "Shut up, shithead! I'll kick your ass."