NINE

Bambi really learned to hate hospitals in the last three years. 

The lighting from the doctor's office was a bit too eerie for her liking. She had flown back to her hometown of Pennsylvania yesterday with Chris expressing his sadness in not being able to accompany her. The sound of a wheelchair brought Bambi's gaze up to the doors. Her mother, Ylona Gray, had a smile on her face as she was being transferred back into her bed. 

"I don't like that nurse very much." Ylona commented once the door had shut, "I wish it was one of the nicer ones. What was her name? Molly?"

"Holly." Bambi corrected her, coming to sit on the bed. She enclosed her hand around her mother's. "How'd it go?" 

Ylona shrugged. "Oh, you know. Tests here and there and Dr. Henderson hoping he won't find another tumor." 

"You're getting better, mom."

"I know." Ylona patted her daughter's hand, "I feel better. What are you doing tomorrow? Recordin ─ what is this?" She brought Bambi's hand up and the gold band glistened under the hospital lighting. "Is this a wedding band on that finger? I thought you and Chris were only engaged? How ─ "

"Last week at the Boston courthouse. Skeeter was our witness. We had frozen yogurt after. It was no fuss and Chris and I loved it. That's all." The words had been said in under one breath and Bambi had shut her eyes tightly in fear of her mother's angered reaction. Instead, she heard a soft chuckle flowing around the room. 

"Oh, Bambi, dear. It's okay." Ylona cooed, opening her arms for Bambi to dive into. "I'm really happy you and Chris got married but I sort of wished I could have given you away."

"I didn't want to stress you out, mom."

"Me? I'm not stressed one bit."

Bambi narrowed her eyes. "You know what I mean." She was talking about the cancer that might sneak up any moment. 

"Well, at least tell me the wedding was legit and not done by some pastor who was certified by the Internet."

"Yes, mom. He was a legit pastor."

"Oh, thank God! Your grandma Marjorie is already rolling in her grave with the fact that you didn't even have a proper wedding. . .or is a wedding ceremony still happening?"

"Nah. Maybe a small reception. Chris and I don't really care about the whole wedding fuss; we just care that we're married now."

"Spoken like true soulmates." 

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

bambigray13: a quick life update: my mom got a new dog and i looove my eyeliner

username1: beautiful!! i love!!!! 

username2: i'm so happy bambi is getting some rest after her world tour 🥰 she deserves it no doubt 

username3: does this pic hold any clues for the next album?
──────bambigray13: username3 nope! 🌈🦋

username4: oH MY GOD THERE'S ALREADY A NEXT ALBUM 

imsebastianstan: nOBODY TAG TOM HOLLAND HE'S ANNOYING AND I WANT TO KNOW THIS TYPE OF NEWS BEFORE HIM 

username5: oh so bambi and chris aren't broken up?? since chris' best friend is commenting on her post????
──────username6: username5 dUDE I DON'T CARE i just wanna know about the new album !! 
──────username7: username6 i hope we get to see more of dark!bambi 🤭 i just looove all the classy shades 
──────username8: username7 shades 😎
──────username9: username7 shadesss 🌴🌴🌴
──────bambigray13: username8 username9 well, you see, one of those things is not like the other 🤗

username10: i think bambi gray should stop shoving down her political opinions down our throats so she could stay relevant bambigray13
──────username11: username10 i get you, man 😪 i mean,, she had nice songs but i don't wanna see bashing our political leaders ☹ bambigray13
──────username11: username10 and lmao i just saw pics from her tour 😝 does she blow up her thighs before she goes on stage or something?? YIKES bambigray13

username3: username10 username11 YOU'RE DISGUSTING. 

username5: don't listen to them, sweetie!! you are PUR-FECT 😻😻

username4: honestly,, bambi has gotten to the point where she just doesn't care about these internet trolls and thats what we call GROWTH 
──────bambigray13: username4 should i really care that the internet hates me when my mom is going through chemo?