The New Kid

Erica's POV:

It's a normal day in Zori's Daycare. Everything is fine.

Oh, who am I kidding? Everything is NOT fine. "ELIZA PUT THAT MATCH AWAY" I yelled at one of the kids. My god, why does her dad even let her bring matches to school anyway? I tried to ask but he just said "it's for self-defense." like bro what? I doubt anybody would try to attack her, as long as Angelica is where everybody is scared to go near her. I look to my side and see Hercules running around with a toy superman in his hand screaming "I RUN THIS DAYCARE!!!" and I see Jefferson laughing harder than ever with duct tape in his hand. It wasn't just a laugh it was evil, I could tell. He was looking up so I looked up and started to panic. "JEFFERSON WHAT DID YOU DO?! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET UP THERE AND HOW DID YOU EVEN MANAGE TO GET LAF UP THERE?!?!" I yelled and I sprinted over to the ceiling fan and tried to stop it. Laf was literally screaming and crying, I never saw him like THAT before. Jesus christ i feel so bad for him. I stopped the ceiling fan and pulled out a pair of scissors and cut him down. I carried him trying to calm him down, the poor thing was shaking.

I sighed. "Jefferson, give me that!" I snatched the duct tape out of his hand and looked at him in the eyes. "Corner. Now." everybody went quiet and stared. He just shrugged and went to the corner. He was used to it at this point. Peggy, Maria, and Angelica were playing in the corner quietly. They were playing Uno. They were the good kids, they never caused any trouble. Eliza on the other hand.... Jesus, she is a nightmare. Once I see one match come out I already know there's bound to be a fire somewhere. I remember she almost lit John on fire. He's still scared of her from that.

I patted laf on the back and shushed him to try and calm him down. "Shhh sh it's ok it's ok, he won't do something like that ever again." I instantly see Hercules, John, and Washington run up to me. "OH MY GOD IS HE OK?!" "WHO HURT HIM?!?!" "I NEVER SEEN HIM CRY BEFORE!" me, Washington, and Hercules stared at John for a moment. "What? It's true!" I shook my head. "Nevermind that." I heard soft snores coming from laf and sighed. "Listen, I'm gonna go put lafayette to sleep, listen to Fraise ok? I'll be right back" they nodded and went back to playing tag. I walked to their naptime room.

Fraise POV:

"Hey, Fraise?" I hear Maria's voice. I looked away from my phone. And looked down at her "yeah?" "Sorry if this comes off as a bit rude but... why is your skin pink? Are you an alien?" I froze then tried to play it off cool. I chuckled "no, I'm not. Haven't you seen a person with pink skin before? They're kind of rare but there are people with it!" "really?! I wanna find a person like that one day!" she said with a huge grin. "Ahaha... yeah." "ok bye Fraise!" she said as she skipped away.

Oh god, they're catching on to me... I hear a knock on the daycare door. I walked over to it and opened the door. "Hello welcome to Zori's daycare how may i-" I looked forward but saw nobody. "Be... or service?" I looked down to see a short, messy-haired boy. He was really skinny and he was also wobbling. "Woah there! Buddy are you ok?" I said as I picked him up. The poor thing was barely able to say anything. He just fell asleep right in my arms. I looked down at the child in my arms concerned and closed the door. I felt everybody staring and go quiet I hurried to the naptime room to find Erica.

"Umm Jos we have a problem." Jos is the nickname I call Erica because everybody calls her by her middle name Joselyn anyway. "Yeah what is- oh my god!" she whisper yelled. I handed the child to her and she placed him to bed and covered him with a blanket. She wrote a small note writing. "Hey, their buddy, in case you don't remember when you wake up, you showed up at our daycare and fell asleep as soon as you did. Please don't be scared, we are here to help you. Come to our office when you read this please. -Erica & Fraise" she placed it next to him. She turned to me and told me to follow her outside of the napping room. "So, what happened?"