My Name Is Alex!

Erica's POV:

"Man, I don't know! He just showed up at the door in terrible shape, and when I picked him up he fell asleep! I panicked ok?" Fraise was shaking so I put my hands on her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes. "Hey hey hey! Listen it's ok, ok?" she nodded still shaken up a bit. I sighed, let's go into the office ok? I'll make you some tea. I grabbed her hand and led her to our office.

I sat her down and made her some green tea, it was her favorite, I personally don't like tea, I prefer coffee more. "Soo.. you said he showed up here and fell asleep as soon as you picked him up?" I said as I handed her the green tea. She nodded her head. "I felt bad for the poor thing... he looks like he hasn't eaten in days.." she said calming down. "I'll see what I can do, just go take care of the kids, for now, ok?" she nodded and walked off with her green tea still in hand.

I looked through some of the drawings the kids made and smiled to myself knowing that they liked daycare. Even Thomas which was honestly kind of surprising. But I got to this one drawing that made my eyes grow wide but also kind of happy. The drawing was made by Gilbert, and it showed me on the right side holding his hand and Fraise on the left side holding his other hand, and the caption said: "I love my two moms!"

I was shocked. Laf has been living with me and Fraise for a while because of events that happened that I really don't want to explain, but I never thought he actually THOUGHT we were dating. Honestly, I was actually almost in tears because I never thought he saw me or Fraise as a mother figure. I smiled to myself and saved the drawing. I heard a knock on my door. "I'm coming!" I said. I made my way over to the door and opened it and looked down. It was the kid Fraise found. "O-oh! It's you, come in!" I said letting him follow me, surprisingly he was quick to follow me. He sat down on the couch and I sat down across from him.

"Hi!, I'm Erica and the lady you first saw over there is Fraise, do you mind telling me your name? Or..?-" "my name is Alexander Hamilton. You can just call me Alex though." he cut me off. "Ok Alex, it's nice to meet you!" I smiled at him. "So... mind telling me where you came from?" he looked down kind of uncomfortable. "O-oh, sorry if that was an unco-" "no, it's ok.. I'm from the Caribbean." "and... do you by chance, have a home? Or a place to stay?" I asked him. He looked down, almost as if he was trying to hold back tears. "N-n-no.." he stuttered out. I asked him more questions and he answered.

I got to this one question though, that I instantly regret asking. "What's your family like?" I heard soft crying and looked at him. "Oh my god! Are you ok? If it's personal you really don't have to answer!" I said to him he was crying. "Oh my god... you poor thing.. Come here" I opened my arms out to him and he walked towards me and hugged me "i-m s-s-sorry!" "Woah Woah Woah hey! What are you sorry for?" I asked him with concern. "I promised myself that I wouldn't cry, I promised I wouldn't be so weak towards somebody! And I'm doing it anyway! God I'm so stupid!" he cried even harder, honestly hearing these words come from a 4-year-old was pretty disturbing. "No, you're not! Everybody cries, that doesn't make them stupid at all! He buried his face into my neck and kept on crying. I pat him on the back and calmed him down. "It's ok... it's ok." I rubbed small circles into his back calming him down. I thought for a moment. "Hey, do you wanna come over to my house till I can get things sorted out?" I asked him. I didn't even see his face and I could tell he lit up. He got up and looked at me. "R-really?!" he said shocked. I nodded with a soft smile "sure! I don't want you living out there, there are so many bad people out there." he smiled at me and hugged me again. "Yes!" he said happily. I smiled to myself. "Ok! Oh but first I need to introduce you to somebody-" I got cut off by the door opening. "Hi, Erica... how are y-" I heard a familiar french accent speak then stop as soon as he saw Alex in my arms.

"Y-you're replacing me?!?!" he said trying to hold back tears

"Wait wait wait no that's not it at all! I was gonna introduce you to Alex!"

"Who's that?"