(No AU) After the escape

AU: NONE

-----------------------

"We did it... I wonder what will happen next." You mumble to yourself. it was nighttime and everyone was asleep, while it was your turn to keep watch, you didn't mind you never really slept anyway.

You sigh and look up at the sky. "Are you watching Norman...? we did it..! im sad you couldn't come with... i can tell that Ray and Emma are to..." You sigh.

"Do you normally talk to the sky?" you recognized the voice instantly. "Mhm.. Remember, you always caught me sneaking out, Ray.." you look at the boy. "Norman did to... and Emma.. We would go stargazing together sometimes.. then get yelled at by mama in the morning...."

He gave you a solemn look. "Its been 2 weeks since we escaped, and you still insist on calling that woman mama?" you chuckle softly. "Im kind of surprised you dont, She was your Actual mother after all."

You look back up at the sky as you say that. "Yea... I guess." Ray sits next to you. "By the way Ray, why aren't you asleep?" he turns his gaze from you to the sky. "I just wanted to sleep a bit so I could stay up if you get sleepy.." he looks down at his watch that he had received from mama.

"Its just past 4, why dont you go to  sleep, the sun'll be rising soon." You hesitate, he gives you a quick smile then goes back to his usual expression. "Ill stay up with you to watch then sun rise then ill take a quick nap." you whisper and lie your head on the boys shoulder.

"By the way, isn't your birthday coming up soon? in about a week right?" He nods, then gently lays his head on yours. "You dont have to worry about that though, we just escaped so we need to worry about surviving before anything."

You raise your head to look at him and puff your cheeks. "Ok, i get that... Buttt is there anything i can do to make you smile on your birthday?" he just keeps looking up at the sky. you sigh, as soon as the sun comes out you let out a yawn.

"So... Pretty" you say between the yawn then lay your head back on Rays shoulder and falls asleep.

Soon enough his birthday comes around, you were also the one keeping watch on the night before his birthday. "Happy birthday to you.... Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to Ray.. Happy birthday... To you.." you mumble to yourself, Ray had let you used his watch because- well- you asked.

It was 12:00 on the dot when you started whisper singing Happy birthday. "Happy birthday... My love Ray.." you again whisper to yourself. You look back to see all the sleeping kids, your sitting in a tree since this time where you ended up stopping had no fallen logs.

"Your Love Eh?" You feel the blood rush to your face as it turns crimson red. "O-Oh! Ray! hi! Happy birthday...!" You awkwardly whisper to the boy sitting next to you. he chuckles. "Hey, Remember what i told you when we were little?"

-Flashback-

"Hey Y/N...?" You look next to you to see Ray, at the time he was shorter than you. "Yes Ray?"  He looked at you then softly hit himself in the face as if giving himself confidence. "You can do this ray.." You heard him mumble, though it was barely audible. 

He then grabs a flower from a nearby vase. "Y/N when we get older..." He stop you get down from your seat. "Huh?" He continues. "When we get older... Will you... Marry me...?" he asked glancing at you then back at the ground.

You giggle. "Of course Ray , I would be happy to be your wife someday" The Emma comes running in. "Yay! i cant wait for the wedding!" you laugh and Mama walks in. "Have you kids been reading about Weddings, and love again?" Ray nods and you laugh. "Mama! Mama! me and ray are gonna get married!" she laughs.

"Ray, dear can you give me that flower?" he nods. she makes it into a flower ring and tires it around your finger. "And now you kids are engaged. Run along now, go play." You laugh and  run to Emma showing her.

-Flashback Ends-

You blush at your flashback but nod at Ray. "Yea... you asked me to marry you and then Mama made me a flower ring saying we were engaged.." as you talk your E/C eyes travel from the sky to Rays. 

He smirks, "Now will you give your Fiancé  a kiss for his birthday?" your face flushes red again but you nod and kiss his cheek. 

You look and see him frowning. "...You missed.." he moves closer to you and leans in, you feeling his lips against your own. when he finally pulls away his face is almost as red as yours.

You laugh, then you hear someone call. "Hey Y/N when's the wedding?!" You look down to see Emma and next to her the Siluette of Norman, though you know he's not there you still smile and reply. "Soon!!"

--------------------------

852 words.