⚡︎29⚡︎

my toes meet the kitchens cold tile floors. it almost makes me jump for a second; i dont remember it being it quite that icy this morning.

still, i push on, ignoring the rising lump in my chest. getting past the living room was the hardest part. the front door looms menacingly from a few feet away, almost teasing me to open it. i dont think i have the confidence to even try.

i peek out through its small windows, desperate for just a quick glimpse of his face. the rest of the house is silent. stuck in time. moonlight gently reflects from the marble cabinet tops, dousing the whole bottom floor in a comforting aura. though, from the pounding of my heart and the sweat on my forehead, you wouldnt have been able to tell.

finally i spot him. same place as usual, obviously. was i really doing this? after weeks of begging and pleading i just...gave in?

i guess he had changed something in me.

hinges creaking slightly, the front door squeaks open. i can hear his music already. for some reason, it calms me a little.

i notice his smirk straight away. looking me up and down, he lands on my face, holding my gaze. im not the prettiest sight, decked out in my comfiest (as well as oldest) pajamas. he did seem to enjoy it though.

"hey princess."