Chapter 4: Presidio elimination

I walked into the Presidio with my people all around me and then TJ entered and explained how the to double-cross was going to work. So for the girls, Britini got chosen to go in and for the boys, it was Derrick H which I could see Tori upset about that. After the elimination round and seeing that Derrick H and Briana would be leaving I felt terrible for Tori. We went back to the house and got a relaxing night before our next challenge which was going to be early the next morning. We were all sitting there relaxing in the bedroom after everything when Tori and Cara Marie walked in because they are both in other rooms. Tori was upset still and I didn't know what to do to make her cheer up. "Hey so I know things have been crazy these last few days but I want to work with everyone in this room and I'm over Bananas and how he makes people feel second best because he's the veteran with the most championships apparently. I need to be part of the group that will be constantly at his throat," Tori said to all of us which made me feel that we are going to be a stronger group now. We are definitely figuring out numbers and how to handle everything. Soon everyone left the room to go find others except for Hunter who was sat next to me on my bunk.

"Kat. Can I ask you a question and you answer it honestly," Hunter asked me and I looked at him and looked shy but nodded. "Do you like me as more than a friend or can you see us being more than friends," he asked me which caused me to look down at the ground.

"I don't want to lie to you but I don't want to get hurt. But yes I believe that we could have something between us but I want to take things slow because couples on here end up having a big target on their backs. But Hunt I do believe I have a crush on you but I worry you don't have the same feelings," I said while still looking down. Hunter then lifted my face to look at him before pulling me into a hug.

"Don't ever worry about any of that Kat. I, too, have a crush on you and we will just have to see what happens with us. I believe you when you say that you want to play this game to win and want to be one of the strongest female winners that this challenge has ever seen. So let's do whatever we can to get, you, me, CT, Cara Marie, Tori, and either Nelson or Corey to the end," Hunter said as I was still in his hug. I nodded and then moved myself to be fully in my bunk and Hunter laid down next to me so I could cuddle into him. "I can't believe that after being on a show about finding love and then telling the person I should fall in love with is the exact opposite of me and me not listening would get me here. Where I start crushing on someone who is the total opposite of me but also somehow understands me the same way that I never knew I needed," Hunter said and he kissed my forehead so I closed my eyes and just stayed curled up right there. Someone came into the room and then I hear them start to talk to Hunter.

"Look at you. I have been on here with you for two seasons and I saw you on your first season on here. I can't help but notice the difference in you when she is around. I mean I've never seen you cuddled up with someone who makes you so calm. Whenever she's around it's almost like you are peaceful but whenever she's not right by you, it seems as if you've been lost and confused. So I have to ask Hunter do you like this girl and can you see something going on with her after this show is over," Cara Marie asked which caused Hunter's heart to the race which I could hear from where I was laying with my eyes closed.

"I mean she does calm me down. Walking over and sitting next to her by the pool the first night was the best decision I have made in my life and I can tell you that. She shows everyone her stronger outer shell and that she can be strong and have a backbone and stay loyal when everyone tells her it is not safe for her to do. You guys don't get to see the panic, anxiety, and worry that goes on behind those decisions that I have seen and how scared she gets before everything goes on because she's worried people will not think she is good enough or that they will criticize her decisions she has made so far. She likes the water and to joke around about everything that has happened and how she's gotten here. She is a southern girl who has her morals and loyalty is the main thing to her. She has made me look into my own core values and think about what I respect and want to have as morals that I won't cross even on the challenge. I mean yes I may seem different and it could be because she makes me stop and think about the consequences that will happen if I do certain things and how it could blow back at her too. So Cara Marie you asked me could I see her and I being together after the show.... the answer is I hope so but I don't want to rush her or make her feel like she doesn't have options. She makes me smile, laugh, and feel like I'm needed. So I have no clue what'll come for us in the future but I'm hoping for happiness and for things to work out for the better," Hunter said to Cara Marie while looking at me I'm guessing since his voice sounded really loud.