Date Night

Sorry to spoil, but there's a make out scene in this chapter! It's rather tame, but I just wanna make sure everyone knows so that if someone's uncomfortable with that kinda stuff, it won't catch them off guard. OK, you can read now 👍

Your Point of View

I sat up in bed holding a pillow rather tightly. I can't believe this! An actual, official date! Hopefully Yakko thinks it's a date. What if he doesn't? What if he thinks I just invited him over to hang out? I mean, I did want to just hang out, but, like, as a couple. What if he thinks we're just friends? No, no way. Boys never think about being just friends. Although, he is sixteen. What if he's, like, mature? I shoved my face into the pillow, and nearly screamed.

"I take thee at thy word!" I shot up. He was here! I ran over to my window and opened it to see Yakko standing rather dramatically, and to my surprise, wearing a green jacket. "Call me but love, and I'll be new baptis'd; Henceforth, I never will be Romeo!" I crossed my arms and leaned against my window sill. "What are you talking about?" I said. "What, you don't like Shakespeare?" he asked. I tilted my head, giving him a look. He groaned. "Fine," he said, "but I'll only do this you." He cleared his throat. "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, so that I may climb thy golden stair!"

"Will you get in here?" I laughed. "Oh, right," he smiled. He reached behind him and pulled out a ladder. Sometimes I forget that he's a cartoon character. I walked over and sat on my bed while he climbed up. "I wanna go on record and say that Shakespeare's better than Brothers Grimm," he said immediately upon entering my room. He looked around. "Oh, wow," he said. I looked around as well, thinking something was wrong. "What?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled. "It's adorable." My face went pink. "So, do you want me to sit there?" He pointed to my bed. "Well, yeah, why are you asking?" I asked as he sat across from me.

"Well, Dot told me to 'mind my boundaries,' so I was just checking." He said. "You got Dot to teach you how to act?" I leaned close to him. "How sweet~" His face was entirely red. "Uh, are you okay? You're acting kinda different, not that it's bad thing," he winked. It took me a moment to realize what he was talking about. I pulled back. "Oh jeez, sorry," I covered my face with my hands. "Hey, it's fine!" he said. "You know, you should get embarrassed more often. It's a good look for you," he teased. I shoved him lightly, and he laughed.

I felt really weird. I wanted to kiss him pretty badly, but I didn't know how to go about it. I parted my hair with my fingers. "Why do you do that?" Yakko asked. "Do what?" I didn't know what he meant. "That, with your hair," he pointed. "Oh, that. I don't know," I shrugged. "It's just something I do." He smiled. "Well, I think it's cute." He went quiet, thinking for a minute. "Is that a weird thing to say?" We both laughed.

"Um, hey, Yakko..."I began. He sat up straight, giving me his full attention. "Yep, what's up?" He asked. I looked down. "I, um... I kind of... ugh, forget it!" I then wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. For some reason, this was different. It wasn't like that night on the tower. This was new. I loosened my grip and Yakko pulled away. We both sat silently, trying to grasp how we both felt. Everything was stuck in place. There wasn't a sound to be heard. Yakko slowly put his hands around my waist, and and eventually kissed me back. Okay, now I felt extremely weird. I felt like I was about to be sick, but at the same time, I felt completely hollow. It was as if I was made of glass, and would shatter at any moment. After about a minute and a half, we let go of each other, breathing heavily. That took, or rather, felt like it took, a lot more physical effort than needed. "I really, really like you, Y/N." Yakko said in possibly the most genuine tone of voice I had ever heard.

* * * * *

We spent the hours that followed talking. It was mostly just Yakko telling me about all the weird Hollywood people he's met and me telling him about school. Eventually the time came when my dad arrived home. I stood up and listened to see if he was going to come up to my room. He was. I turned around to Yakko and put my finger over my mouth, making sure he knew to stay quiet. I motioned for him to follow me to my window. I slowly opened it, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Just wait out here," I whispered. He nodded.

Once I shut the window, my dad opened he door and I whipped around. "Y/N? What are you doing up, it's nearly twelve-thirty at night." I walked over and sat on my bed. "I couldn't sleep." I said calmly. He joined me on my bed. He didn't say anything for a moment, so I just kept my eyes looking down. "Listen, sweetie," he finally spoke, "I thought about what you said. I've decided..." he took a deep breath, as if he was having trouble saying what he needed to. "I've decided that you're right. You are sixteen. You should know good from bad by now. I'm... I'm willing to let you see this, uh, boy, and his younger siblings if you feel you still want to." I sat in shock. "Really?" He nodded. Did someone talk to him at his meeting or something?

"Is this a trick?" I asked. He turned to me, looking very upset. "Of course not. You think I would trick you like this?" I suddenly felt my stomach drop. "Oh, uh, well, I mean, no, not necessarily..." I lied. He sat still for a moment. "I see. I guess I'll have some things I need to work on then..." he spoke like he was thinking out loud. He shook his head. "I want you to know, I'm still not fully on board. If I catch you doing one thing I don't approve of, I'll take back everything I've just said." I glanced at my window nervously, but just nodded. "Yes, dad." He smiled. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and stood up, walking to the door. "Door open or closed?" he asked. "Closed, all the way." I replied. He nodded. "I want you in bed my one. Goodnight, Y/N." He said, shutting the door.

I sat in place for a moment, waiting to hear him get to the last step. I got up and walked to the window, unlocking it and pulling Yakko inside. "Did you get all that?" I asked, practically jumping with how ecstatic I was. He laughed. "Of course," he said. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him, ready to start our official relationship.

*~. End .~*