Chapter 15

The next morning was surprisingly easy. Lucas had woken up before me, so he had already gotten changed. Thankfully, I had over time stolen a couple of his clothes, like a jean jacket and t-shirt. It didn't matter as much that he was wearing the same pants or shoes. I got up at my usual time, about 7. I was about to get up to get changed when Lucas tossed over some purple tie-dye leggings, a pale pink top with an open back, underwear, and a pale pink bra. My first reaction was that he had gone through my closet, but I was actually happy with the outfit he had chosen, so I quickly got changed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth before I went to do my hair and make-up. I thought my hair would be crazy, but actually Lucas brushing through it had made it a lot neater. I kept the make-up to a minimum. I definitely didn't need highlighter, since I was still glowing from last night. I went down to breakfast with Lucas.

Thankfully, since the last time Lucas came in with me had been perfectly innocent, my parents didn't think anything of it. So did Maya, Farkle, Zay and Smackle when they first came in, but by the time we were on the subway, Maya and Zay both clearly knew what had happened. Maya practically dragged me away to talk to me.

"Riley Matthews, is there something you would like to tell me?"

"Whatever do you mean, Peaches?"

"What I mean is that both you and Ranger Rick have been glowing since breakfast, and that after months of me telling you to wear that outfit and you saying it was too sexy, you're all of a sudden wearing it."

"Okay, okay. Promise not to say a single word?"

"Swear on my life."

"Well, last night after you guys all left, Lucas came into my room. We may have had another moment."

"Another heavy makeout?"

"A little more than just a makeout."

"Wait, are you saying that my precious little plant is no longer completely pure and innocent."

"I guess not."

"O.M.G. I cannot believe you guys actually did it!"

"Why? After all, we probably would've stopped if you hadn't gotten me those condoms in December."

"Hey, I did that to make sure that if/when you guys did do it, you would be safe. And you were!"

"Yeah, yeah. Listen, we can talk more about this later, but for now, not one word." She gave me a nod and a devilish smile before we got off at our stop and started walking to school.

Once we got to school, I immediately went back to normal routine from before everything happened. I linked one arm with Maya and held hands with Lucas with the other. We made our way through the halls into history class. I am almost positive that my dad knew that I was hiding something, because Lucas and I couldn't go more than a couple seconds without touching the other in some way, since throughout the entire class Lucas had his hand on my shoulder or in my hair. As soon as he turned towards the chalkboard to write down the lesson for today, a note made its way onto my desk.

Okay, last night was the greatest night of my entire life. I didn't think it was possible, but I think I love you more.

I laughed a little bit when I saw that he had added the small ring picture. I couldn't help it. I was in love. However, my dad heard me and immediately erased everything on the board, knowing that he shouldn't even try to connect something to whatever was going on.

"Riley??"

"Yes??"

"What's that you got there?"