No Good

Chapter 3: No Good

Theo stepped into the Leaky Cauldron just behind Bronson, who was loyally holding onto the hand of Hermione in disguise. Draco was ahead of them but he kept glancing back every few steps to make sure Hermione was still there. Never mind that Neville looked scared out of his bloody knickers, even though he had also altered his appearance. Nope, Draco only had one concern, which was why he was damn lucky Theo got dragged into all of this. Someone had to remember that Hermione wasn't the only fugitive they were carting around tonight.

The pub was bustling with activity, wizards and witches standing shoulder to shoulder in sparkly outfits, the majority with cheap crowns or top hats on their heads.

The group of them headed for the bar, ordering firewhiskeys and butterbeers before dispersing around the pub. Hermione stayed with Bronson and Quigley while Theo stood several feet away from them with Neville and Draco.

Draco finished his drink quickly. He went out the back door first, making sure to walk right by Hermione. She waited a good thirty seconds before giving Bronson a kiss on the cheek, as well as her drink, and following him out. After another two minutes had passed, Bronson and Quigley chugged the last of their drinks, and Hermione's, and headed outside, playing it off like they were just going out for some air. The two of them were already pros at this.

Theo watched closely as a group of girls kept their eyes on Bronson, one of them trying hard to get his attention but failing. He was too focused on Quigley to even notice anyone was there, laughing as he leaned in and whispered something to him. And suddenly Theo felt a weird tugging at his chest. A bit of uneasiness and Bronson disappeared from view with another man.

Once Theo saw they were out safely, he drew his eyes back to Neville. The wizard was holding his untouched drink in a shaky hand, staring dazedly down at the floor.

"Get your shit together, will you?" said Theo, finishing his own drink and putting it down on a nearby table. When the people sitting there attempted to complain, he pulled back his sleeve and showed them his Dark Mark. They shut their mouths quickly after that.

Having seen his tattoo, a group of witches walked up to them, one wrapping her arm around Theo's waist and rubbing his chest while another put a top hat with 'Happy New Year' written on it in sparkly letters on top of his head. Since they only had the one, another girl took off her crown and put it on Neville. He blushed.

Theo shoved the girl off of him. "Not bloody interested." He began walking towards the door. "Finish your drink already," he said over his shoulder to Neville. "And bloody lighten up. It's a party."

Neville laughed awkwardly as he followed him. Once his drink was down, Theo grabbed the empty glass from him and handed off to some passing wizard who probably didn't work there, but he really didn't care.

When that was done, Theo stepped out the back door, holding it open so Neville could walk out behind him. Several people were outside snogging in the alley. One couple appeared to be doing even more than that, though it was hard to tell since they were covered by a thick cloak. Neville made a face at the bobbing heads while Theo opened the way to Diagon Alley.

"You-Know-Who allows that kinda stuff to just happen in the streets like that?" asked Neville once they were alone on the other side of the wall, walking in the shadows so as not to be seen by anyone who just might be out here.

"I think he has bigger concerns than stopping a few people from shagging out in the open if they want to."

"Guess you're right," said Neville, glancing over his shoulder. And then to his right. And left. Then over his shoulder again.