Chapter 1: A Brand New Start

Our story begins with an old rusty car pulling up to an old crusty house. Virgil Jones, our protagonist, hops out of the car. A look of disgust spreads across his pale face.
" Dad, why did we move here of all places?" He says, touching the wall of the home.
" We moved here because your father needs a quiet place to work. Now go inside." Remy replies to his son. Reluctantly Virgil grabs his backpack and walks inside.
The house has a faint smell of chlorine. Virgil gags and walks to his new room. The moving truck wasn't there yet, so all that was left was a closet, a window, and an antique painting of a black cat. He takes it off the wall and tosses it out the window out of anger.
" Ouch, what the hell!?" A dramatic voice proclaims.  Virgil leans out the window to see two men. One is tall and lean, the other is short and stout.
" Oh Roman, you are so calm about situations like these" the lanky one says sarcastically.
" Janus if you act like this again I swear to-" the shorter one says.
Virgil slams his window out of embarrassment. I've only been here for a few minutes, and I already messed up, he thought. 
Virgil runs downstairs, and crashes into Logan.
" Slow down kid, you're gonna break something. "  Logan says in a monotone voice.
" Sorry Father."  Virgil responds coldly. He's never had a good relationship with his father, Virgil being ruled by his heart, and Logan by his brain. They could never really connect. Virgil quickly walks past and goes outside.
" Dad, can I go exploring?" He says.
" Sure, but be back in an hour!" Remy replies, carrying 3 boxes inside.
Virgil walks past the car and follows a path until he finds a small Y shaped stick. He picks it up excitedly and holds it in front of him. He lets it guide him, and ends up in the middle of nowhere. He chucks the stick angrily and yells " Why won't anything work around here!? Where is the water!?" All of a sudden the sound of a motorbike roars behind him. He turns around as a person with a skull helmet on a dirt bike begins driving at him. He dives out of the way, injuring his wrist in the process. The person on the bike gets off and begins to walk towards him. " Who-o are you?" Virgil nervously states.
~ and that marks the end of our first chapter. I will update as soon as possible and I hope you enjoyed reading this. Bye for now!~