A New Path Opens

All Kiyotaka Ayanokouji ever wanted was to live a normal and peaceful life.

The first thing that he saw when his eyes opened for the first time were the white walls of the facility where he would grow up for the next fourteen years.

He never experienced the love that every child should receive from their parents. He never had any friends to grow up with. Nothing to look forward to.

There was nothing.

However, one of the main qualities that this seemingly plain and uncaring kid had, was his curiosity.

Even though he never saw eye to eye with the person that was supposed to be his father nor did he like the future that had been planned for him, he liked to learn.

At the age of eleven, he surpassed many adults. By the age of fourteen, his knowledge surpassed that of a lifetime.

And, even still, his curiosity was still there. Surprising as it was, the boy was running out of things to learn. However, new questions started to appear in his mind.

Were people really equal? What was it like to be free? How was the life outside of those dull walls?

That's why, when he got the chance, he didn't doubt to join a school, far away from his father and the White Room's grasp.

His only goal was to live a normal life and find an answer to those questions that plagued his mind.

During his first year, however, many events took place that put his normal life there in danger.

His teacher, Sae Chabashira, blackmailed him so he would aim for Class A.

Arisu Sakayanagi, now Class A's undisputed leader, claimed to know about his past and stated that she would defeat him.

Kakeru Ryuen, Class C's leader, tried to defeat him as well, failing miserably in the process. However, he too made his goal to defeat Kiyotaka Ayanokoji before graduating.

On top of that, many of the Class D students, as well as other classes, started to suspect that Kiyotaka was not the ordinary student that he appeared to be.

Now, after successfully passing the first special exam of his second year, he found himself struggling to keep a low profile while trying to find out who the white room enforcer was.

However, unbeknownst to him, a huge scandal was taking place outside of the school.

Information that was meant to stay hidden came out in the form of a report, which would in the future be known by the name of "The White Room report." 

----------------------------

The day was May 1st. The day the special exam results would be announced. I held my hand softly, as I thought about what had recently occurred. 

During the confrontation with Hosen, I had to sacrifice my left hand in order to turn the tides to my side. After the blade had pierced my hand, I required the help of Chabashira-sensei and Mashima-sensei to cover up the incident. Their help allowed the special exam to continue forward without an incident. While my hand did sustain quite the injury, the end result was well worth it.

Going to school, I could sense the curious eyes of those who had taken a glance at my hand.

'This will be troublesome.'

I continued on my way to class despite the looks I got from a few students who were wondering as to why I had bandages on my left hand.

Despite there being multiple opportunities to interact with the first-years over these past few weeks, I wasn't able to discern the identity of the White Room student. Given the lack of action in the previous exam, I was even considering the idea that the "enforcer" was a facade. However, as a precaution, I still needed to be wary of the first-years I came into contact with.