An Uncooperative Mind

Thanks to Horikita's quick thinking I managed to avoid having to explain my perfect score.

Of course, not everyone believed her lies and some people like Kesei and even Matsushita still seemed suspicious of me, but that was to be expected.

Now we were in the middle of the Golden Week and, because there were no classes, I spent most of the time relaxing in my room.

Today was different though.

Haruka had contacted us the day before through the group chat. She wanted us to meet and spend the day together.

Our meetings would normally start with a message from a member of the group asking whether we were free and, depending on the number of people who accepted, we would hang out somewhere or not.

However, this time Haruka's message was a bit more forceful, as if indirectly compelling everyone to accept.

Perhaps it may have been because of my grade- no, it was because of my grade on the math test. Even though many of my classmates wanted answers, Haruka instead cared more about me. She may have thought that I was stressed or uncomfortable, actually, the others may have had the same impression.

Since I had no reason to refuse, I sent a message earlier confirming my attendance and now here I was, making my way towards Keyaki Mall.

Most of my day would be occupied by the group's activities. However, I made sure to save a bit of time for something important. I needed to talk with a certain someone before the Golden Week ended.

"Hey, did you hear? Apparently, Class 1-D's teacher has stopped attending to class all of the sudden."

As I walked, lost in my thoughts, I heard a small group of first years talking among themselves.

Class 1-D's teacher, who I had met not so long ago, had apparently disappeared without any reason. As expected, the rumor spread in no time, and now most of the students had heard about it.

On top of that, the school refused to give the students an explanation, which made the situation even shadier.

I tried to find a reasonable explanation for it myself, but everything I came up with were hypothetical theories and simple guesses with no proof to back them up, so I let the matter aside for the time being.

Besides, the school couldn't keep this matter in the shadows forever, they would have to give the students an explanation sooner or later.

Finally arriving at Keyaki Mall before the appointed time, I leaned against a wall near the entrance.

Unsurprisingly, it was crowded. The stares that I received from the students passing by were to be expected due to the attention that I had attracted the week before. It still left me feeling somewhat uncomfortable though.

I proceeded to take out my phone and started scrolling through the school messaging board, distracting my mind with something else and hoping that the people giving me glances would lose interest.

Yes, this was the perfect plan. Even if people have a keen interest in something, as long as I pretended to not care, even the most patient people would get bored. Consequently, the "stalkers" will stop staring at me if they see that I'm just looking at my phone.

'Now, all I need to do is wai-'

"Yahoo, Ayanokouji-kun!"

I looked up from my phone resisting the urge to facepalm and my eyes quickly met with Ichinose's, who was accompanied by Kanzaki.

"Good morning."

My dull greeting got me a grin from Ichinose and a quiet nod from Kanzaki.

"I heard you got a perfect score on your maths test. That's amazing!"