F O U R.

☆ S A S H A ☆

☆ S A S H A ☆

The sweet smells of the pastries and the chime of the door opening were welcomed as Sasha Kennedy stepped into Delilah's with Lauren behind her. It wasn't hard to spot their friends as the five of them were already sitting in the corner after pushing two tables together. The two girls walked over to the table and took up the remaining two seats, Lauren sitting between James and Oliver while Sasha sat between Alexa and Henry. 

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Sasha's best friend and roommate, Alexandra Carlisle, smiled at her, "while you both were getting ready we went ahead and ordered for the table."

Today was the first day of school and they always followed through with tradition. They would meet at Delilah's an hour before school on the first day each year to celebrate at their favorite spot.

This morning, Alexa had been ready before Sasha was so she went ahead with the boys meanwhile, Lauren and Sasha put the finishing touches on their outfits.

"Sorry, it takes time to look this good," Sasha responded to Alexa as her friend's eyes darted around her outfit approvingly. 

Highland Academy had somewhat of a uniform policy. The guys wore slacks, white collared dress shirts, uniform ties, and blazers with the Highland Academy crest. The girls usually wore a blouse with the Highland plaid skirt, which most of them hemmed.

Sasha honored the beginning of her senior year with the traditional plaid miniskirt and a white button-down adorned with a loose Highland tie. She paired her uniform with her Givenchy sneakers; there was no way she could wear heels on the first day back or her feet would get themselves one-way tickets to hell.

She turned to Henry, feeling his eyes on her as she talked to Alexa.

"Hey Ry," Sasha smiled at him, giving him a side hug.

He put his arm around her gently and gave her a small smile, "Hey Sash."

Sasha had a different relationship dynamic with each person in their group, including Henry. They had been best friends since ninth grade. She doesn't even remember how they became friends, they just clicked immediately.

From there she's watched him become a playboy and helped him clean up his messes. He's supported her and, along with the others, shown her how she's much more than just 'the daughter of a famous music producer.'

"How was the rest of your weekend?" Sasha asked him.

The small smile he had on his face slowly faded, "It was fine."

Before Sasha could comment on his dry attitude, Delilah set a multitude of pastries and coffees on the table for them to indulge in. 

"Just fine? I'm sure you woke up happy and with a girl in your bed each night," Sasha teased as she put two croissants on her plate.