𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝔁

REGULUS LOVED HOGWARTS

It was everything he had imagined and more. Everything about it, from the staircases, to the ghost, the photos, the meals, was all magical. And magic, like many Blacks, resonated with Regulus.

It encased his very being, wrapping him in an imaginary embrace.

Being in Slytherin was everything he imagined it would be as well. He loved the dormitories. He knew Juno, and many other Hogwarts students, thought it must've been dreadful being the dungeons, but really, it was fantastic.

Sure, maybe the corridors leading down were slightly creepy, and footsteps echoed a bit too loudly, but it was worth it once you got in.

The elegant furniture and decor reminded him of his home while being different enough to still be a surreal experience. The glass wall that opened into the Black Lake (that Regulus liked to think was named after his family) provided an ever changing and beautiful view. Even the dorms themselves were filled with the comfiest beds and most gorgeous furniture.

Just like Bella had said, Regulus also found himself easily making friends. He knew a lot of them vaguely from events his family had hosted, so after being thrown into a dorm with them and seeing them almost every day, it was easy to grow that friendship. And of course, he had Juno.

One thing that was different, however, was the lack of interaction he had with Sirius. Ever since he was younger, he'd always envisioned him and Sirius in the same house. He'd help him with his essays in the Slytherin common room and show him the stars like they used to talk about.

Instead, they hardly ever even acknowledged each other's existence.

Regulus told himself it was fine, however. He didn't need Sirius by his side, he had Juno.

Juno sat beside him in the library reading the book he had open over his shoulder. Her hair was down and tickled the side of Regulus's neck.

"Look, it says the eyes of newt," she said, pointing to the list of ingredients.

"That's what I did," Regulus said, defending his sad potion.

"No, you used the eye of an elekee eel." Regulus rubbed his face in embarrassment before jotting his mistake down in his notes.

"Thanks for the help, Juney," he said, closing the book. "I knew I befriended a Ravenclaw for a reason."

Juno laughed, shoving him lightly. "You befriended me before we had our houses, silly."

Regulus sighed dramatically, "I wish everyday you were a Slytherin with me."

"I'm quite fond of my house. Especially our common room. It has stars on the ceiling—"

///

After Juno left the library, Regulus stayed a little longer, flipping through his charms book and making small notes on the sides.

He was halfway through the section he needed for class when he opened it to a letter. He was too busy to open it when it arrived, so he had put it aside for later and forgotten about it until now.

It was from his parents. He'd written to them the day after the sorting ceremony to tell them everything. Carefully, he broke the seal and began to read.

Regulus Arcturus Black, our beloved son,

Your father and I are extremely pleased to hear the news that you got into Slytherin, which is, as you know, the best house. We'll let your cousin Bellatrix know soon as well, so do expect a letter from her. We know she was excited for you.