Chapter 21 - Stares

THIRD PERSON

"WHAT?"

Taehyun smugly smiles at Soobin as he pats the elder's shoulder, "Yes, now you can go back to your seat." he said, slightly pushing on his shoulder. Soobin slowly and cautiously scoots back whilst giving Taehyun a glare that he knew would do nothing.

He turns to face Lia who he is right next to, discovering that she is already facing him and is waiting. He awkwardly avoids her stare, knowing he'll probably make a fool of himself. But he just wants to get this over with.

"I'll get revenge on you, Taehyun." he mumbled and blinks his eyes to prepare for the stare-off. "On the count of three.." he heard Taehyun announce, but he was just too focused on preparing for the event coming his way that he didn't notice the smirk on the younger's face.

"One, two.. Three!"

The two stare at each other in the eyes, if not, burning holes into one anothers' heads. Soobin makes a mental note to beat Taehyun up once they finish this contest, because who wouldn't want to beat their own friend up when they make you do something as ridiculous as this?

A few seconds passed, and the two are still staring without blinking. To say they were quiet was an understatement, these two were like rocks.

It's been forty, nearly fifty seconds. "Wow, they are good.." Yuna mumbled under her breath. Everyone started to doubt that one of them would lose, it looked like they could stare at each other all day. "Okay.. Uhm, you can stop now."

Taehyun's words didn't seem to do anything, the rest of them only gazes at the two and it was about time one of them moved. And they did, unexpectedly.

They both had unconsciously leaned in, their faces inching closer by the seconds passing. It seems like the two were lost in deep thoughts as they were leaning in, their lips grazing each other. When their lips finally made contact, their eyelids automatically fell and it was like second nature to them.

A good ten seconds pass, the two finally realizes what they are doing and immediately pull away, with Lia pushing Soobin back quite harshly. What the hell? Lia's thoughts were all over the place as she places a hand over her lips, she can still feel his lips on hers and she hates it.

"What the hell!?"

They both whispered, petrified. "D-Did we- Did we k-kiss?" Soobin stuttered with a hand covering half of his face. "Um, yeah, you did." Yeji exclaimed. "And that was unpleasantly romantic, too." Ryujin commented, cackling in her boyfriend's arms.

"Why did you do that!?" Lia yelled at the taller sitting in front of her, just as shocked as she is. "I don't know! Why did you do that?!" he emphasized, furrowing his brows. "I didn't do anything!" she defended.

"You kissed back, when you could've pushed me away! Why?!"

Before Chaeryeong could say something to prevent this from getting too deep, they were already on their feet. "It's your fault, we were supposed to just stare, not make out!" Lia stated, upset. "It wasn't even on purpose, my body just moved on its own."

"What a lame response, Soobin."

"We'll see, Jisu."

Ryujin and Beomgyu just took one glance at each other before standing up, "Guys, you shouldn't do this and you know it." Ryujin piped. "Stay out of this." Lia fired back, to which the younger only sighs before going behind the girl.

"Will you stop fighting over a short kiss?"

Soobin whips his head towards Beomgyu, "You don't know what a kiss means when it's from someone you used to love." Beomgyu shakes his head and walks towards them. Soobin was about to say something once more when he catches a glimpse of Lia's teary eyes.