ch 3 - on the outside always looking in

His heightened sense of smell was both a blessing, ironically, and a curse whenever this particular creature seemed to come around.

An almost sickeningly sweet aroma of Rainier cherries and women's face powder followed his non-admittedly favorite red reaper whenever she graced his presence. Today, Grell had on an always vibrant shade of rouge on her lips, cheeks, and the outer corners of her pointy eyelids, her hair was collected haphazardly in a side braid, that swung low and loose at her belly button. She adorned a deep wine-colored suit jacket that stopped at her knees, and semi-sheer tights giving off the tone that flirtations with her undeniably favorite demon were inevitable.

"Who's soul needs taking, and please tell me it's Baldroy." Sebastian sighed as he picked up a dainty heliotrope petal off the ground leading into the back entrance to the manor, Finnian's boyish smell radiating from it.

"Bassy, Bassy, Bassy, always so serious! I've just come to watch my favorite show before it comes to its untimely ending!" Grell fiddled with a loose strand of hair sticking out of her braid, locking eyes with Sebastian as he turned around and rubbed the petal between his fingers.

"I'm guessing you're referring to-" He dripped the petal and it flew into the wind, he moved his gaze up to the highest window of the manor where two male shadows could be seen sitting uncomfortably close, "-my young master and his new affinity for the gardener." He tried to sound exasperated but his signature smirk peeked through his lips.

Grell chuckled faintly and removed a crisp mint green envelope from her coat. A silver wax seal of two doves carrying a skinny sword had been ripped through revealing a frilly yellow page inside. Sebastian chewed the inside of his cheek as Grell stalked around him cat-like.

"Bassy, I know you and I are of a different breed than the mortals we do often become entwined with, but you really must know you can't keep ignoring this particular issue until your next meal is ready for his end? Don't you?" Grell was now standing only centimeters from Sebastian, his pointed teeth showing themselves to her and she dropped the envelope on the ground.

"If you think you're going to get a rise out of me so you can meddle with this issue you're mistaken, Grell." He stayed as robotically as he could muster while Grell took his gloved hand and drew it to the top of her coat, guiding it until it reached the edge and together they yanked it off of her icy pale body.

Beneath the red coat was a slinky, black cocktail dress that barely covered the upper part of her thighs, she untied the braid containing her hair, and the wind blew it forwards, attacking Sebastian with the womanly, cherry aroma once again.

He wasn't quite sure when or how they ended up in the gardener's shed, but he knew for a fact Grell's pointed incisor sinking into his bottom lip was gonna need some assistance afterward to keep up the appearances that they were never in there, to begin with.

-

Ciel twirled the heliotrope bouquet in his left hand while the other was being almost squeezed half to death by Finny. His office had become their sanctuary. Their gentle pecks, needy hand holding, and highly exchanges of flowers that sometimes left Ciel feeling a little embarrassed by their vulnerability were all taking place within the walls of his place of 'business'.

Finny was getting tanner every day, he though silently as he watched his beau drone on about a nest of baby bluejays he'd saved that morning, and how proud he'd been to not smash them with his inhuman strength. Every few seconds Ciel glances to the large door.

"And they were just so-" Finny caught his love taking an not-so discreet check to ensure their privacy, "-You know mister Sebastian is outside right? We'd hear him if he came running in!" He brushed a lock of silver hair from Ciel's porcelain face.