ch 4 - i've been working on a cocktail called 'grounds for divorce'

Touch that plate and I will obliterate you." Sebastian snapped as the extravagant redhead creeping up behind him reached her hand around his body to take an appetizer sample from one of the many dishes being served at tonight's reception

"Touchy! What's got you all worked up Bassy? Your culinary skills are being put on full display today and i'm sure there'll be praise for it." Her tone, dramatic as always softened him as much as he hated to admit it.

"Perhaps my mood can be attributed to the fact that my young master's afiancéd is expecting a picture perfect wedding, and Ciel couldn't barely keep a falsified interest  in anything she had to say last night at the rehearsal dinner. He's much too preoccupied with-"

"The gardener?" He turned around to face her, rolling his eyes in annoyance much to her pleasure. She loved being a bystander to the craziness if it meant she didn't have to handle any of it herself.

~

"Im genuinely at a loss at the moment-"

"You're at a loss? I thought you said this was getting shut down! You promised me Ciel!"

"I never promised anything, Fin. It's out of my hands!" His voice was shaky as he faced the unusually dressed up gardener, he tried his best not to take note of how Finny's lanky limbs and sun brushed skin looked absolutely enticing in his suit. He couldn't look him in his eyes.

Finny felt a tear run down his cheek. He sucked his front tooth and muttered to himself.

"Guess i'll just go trim the hedges outside, wouldn't want to anger the queen." He pushed out that last line with an out of character aggression, Ciel inhaled sharply, shutting his eyes to keep himself from marching right up to Finny and crashing his lips onto his and lying that everything would turn out fine.

Finny took long strides steps, he heard eve single time his feet hit the creaking stairs, he put his head down onto his desk and only sat back up when the door clocked open once again.

There stood his undeniably beautiful fiancée, her hair plaited and wrapped around her head in an intricate bun style, her white dress not yet having adorned her body. He furrowed his eyebrows at her as she tiptoed over to him, looking back over her shoulder to make sure she hadn't been followed.

"I thought you'd strictly told me last evening I wasn't to see you until later tonight?"

"Save it, we only have a few minutes to come to an agreement on something."

Her breasts spilled out of her night dress and he knew any other man would be kicking themselves if they weren't attracted to her. He knew she was gorgeous, her golden hair and chirpy voice, not to mention her well formed figure, but he still had no desires for any woman, even ones as genetically blessed by Aphrodite herself as she was.

"I do believe we may be thinking of the exact same situation."

"My dearest Ciel, was always the best at reading my mind, but funny thing is, Astre-"

His eyes widened harder than they'd ever done before and his throat went slack.

"- I don't recall you having that same ability."

~

Grell was a sight at the wedding. Sebastian had to mentally pinch himself every time the flamboyant reaper walked past him in her scantily clad evening wear that'd make even the most immodest of street walkers turn heads. Her milky pale skin and devilish smile making him lose all but a sliver of his servantly self control.

He chuckled to himself as more and more of the Midford family began to question why she was there to begin with.

She followed him around relentlessly, flashing her kohl darkened eyes at him, whispering how she'd like to get him alone, and quite frankly, it was beginning to work.

Setting down the last arrangement of white gardenias near the makeshift alter in the backyard, he grabbed her wrist and practically dragged her out of the eye line of guests.

"You think it's quite funny to do this to me while I'm trying to ensure this goes off without a hitch?"

"The brats gonna be a runaway groom anyhow you might as well have some fun before it all goes to shit."

~

Finny didn't intend on walking in on Sebastian mid-coitus, but it certainly wasn't the worst thing that had happened to him that day.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" His monstrous strength ripped the top hinge of the door clean off as he scurried away from a sight he'd wish to never see again.

He wasn't able to hide in the kitchen much longer until Sebastian inevitably came in to confront him.

"Finny get out here this instant." He rose like he was incapable to stopping his body from hiding from the vampiric butler before him.

"I didn't mean to open the door! I didn't see any- Well I didn't see much I just-"

"I could care less about what you just saw me doing in that guest room I need to know where the young master is!"

"He's missing?"

"Dont be coy, i'm not stupid I know what's been going on and if you've had anything to do with this-"

The kitchen door busted open to reveal a surprising intruder. Elizabeth walked cautiously over to the bickering servants holding a bouquet of ferns and filberts. An odd arrangement but the bride-to-be smiled nonetheless.

"Well hello Sebastian! I haven't seen you all morning! I know you've been running around to make everything perfect for me and I do appreciate that. Could you please go fetch my mother for me?" Her bird-like voice stung the man's ear but he gritted a smile and nodded to confirm she had no suspicions of what was truly going on.

Once he left the kitchen, Elizabeth's posture slacked and grabbed Finny by his shirt to pull him in closer.

"Take these and be upstairs in just a minutes time, I don't have any seconds left to explain, I've got a part to play just as you two do." She whispered so faintly he barely heard her, and with the last word of her sentence she was scurrying out the door, her shoulders being pressed down and a pageantry-esque  smile painted her lips.

Finny looked down at the flowers before him, and he gasped in pure disbelief.

The ferns and filberts immediately ringing a bell in him mind reminiscent of a book he'd be ashamed to say he'd read cover to cover.

"Reconciliation, and a secret bond of romance."

~

5:30pm could not have come quicker, Sebastian puffed out an exhausted breath as guests finally seated themselves in the rows of white chairs he'd tediously aligned that morning. Elizabeth's friends began their march down the aisle as Bard played a shaky version of some human wedding song that his ears burn. He smirked upon meeting eyes with Grell, her wine colored evening gown a little more wrinkled than before.

Ciel had barely looked at any guest as he made his way to the end of the alter, but Sebastian got a strange aura from the room as Ciel looked directly at him and fought back a mischievous smile form his mouth, his arms clasped behind his back and a filbert from bouquet he'd seen Elizabeth carrying around just a little while earlier was tucked into his suit pocket.

When the time finally arose for Elizabeth to be guided to Ciel, she smiled beamingly, but having known the young women for much of her adolescence, he took notice her toothy grin was about as false and phony as a counterfeit bill.

Vows exchanged and an awkward, noting you'd look twice at, kiss was shared. Some men looked away disappointedly and the women sighed in adoration of the young aristocrats.

They practically sprinted down the aisle to get inside, Sebastian and Bard taking their cue to clean up the yard as guests filed into the ballroom.

He turned his head to look over at the newlyweds and decided that something had most definitely happened right under his nose.

Elizabeth chuckled and whispered something to Ciel, who merely mumbled a 'That settles it then' before winking and returning to his masked face of fake enjoyment, Elizabeth's doing the same.