Backstory

Hi there. 

I just wanted to give a little backstory of what happened to lead up to Remus and Sirius becoming Harry's parents. This is my ultimate dream of what would have happened to Harry after James and Lily had been killed. 

I might actually write these things into a chapter later on but this will just be bullet points so you know the setting of the story. 

First, Voldermort was destroyed fully when he cast the killing curse on baby Harry. He does not come back and will stay dead. He doesn't affect Harry's life after he kills James and Lily. That means book events involving Voldemort will not happen in this book. i.e Quirrell in year one, the chamber of secrets in year two, Sirius dying, Remus dying etc. 

Sirius did not go after Peter, and did not go to Askaban as a result. Sirius was able to prove that the secretkeeper has been changed, and Peter was caught and put in Askaban. 

After Sirius was proven innocent (about 6 months since James and Lily died), Sirius and Remus decide to adopt Harry and get married. 

Backstory of Remus and Sirius: Remus and Sirius began dating in school, and after they left Hogwarts, the war made them suspicious of each other and trust was lost and they broke up, after Lily and James were killed, they realized they had nothing to worry about after all and got back together. They came to their relationship stronger than ever and decided to get married. It was never a question of whether they were going to take in Harry, and adopted him. 

So since Harry was about 1 and a half, Remus and Sirius have been his parents. 

I will add on to this as I think of things.