Chapter 2

"Prisoners of the Ark, here me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because of your crimes have made you expendable."

Chancellor Jaha's voice sounded through the TV monitor making me want to rip my ears off to stop listening to his 'Holier than Thou' voice. Too bad they had strapped my hands down tight to the chair's armrest. I consider Chancellor Jaha and his council members, a bunch of selfish rulers who sit on their thrones and order us, peasants, with no mercy. I mean, they're sending a bunch of teenagers to Earth. Some of us haven't even reached puberty yet and have been imprisoned for the pettiest of things that shouldn't even be considered as crimes.

'Expendables', he'd just called us. What a dick! They don't even know if the Earth is survivable. The heartless assholes decided to send in a bunch of children. How humane!

"...Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean,"

I Couldn't help but scoff at his obvious lies. I know for a fact he's only saying that because he thinks that it will bring us some comfort in our last few moments before our impeded death. Truthfully, I wasn't afraid of dying. I have accepted my death a very long time ago. In fact I was even waiting for it to happen. I have accepted my fate before I was even thrown inside the Sky Box. I believe that making me wait until I was 18 to float me was just elongating my punishment. Not to mention a waste of precious Oxygen.

"The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years."

Suddenly the dropship jerked around for a bit and lights flickered for a few seconds before it all stopped. Everything become so quiet. Even the machines stopped humming. I have never in my life heard the sound of silence. In the Ark there was always a noise from either the constant engine sounds or even guards patrolling outside the sky Box doors.

"Did we make it?" a blonde kid voiced out.

"Maybe?" replied the guy next to him with brown skin and dark hair and eyes, "I'm gonna go have a look!" he unstrapped himself and made his way to the hatchet door to get down to the main floor.

"I'm coming too," the blonde said, as he too unstrapped himself and followed his friend. Soon, the rest of the Juveniles unstrapped themselves and made their way down. Leaving me stuck strapped in my uncomfortable plastic chair with my lonesome self, unable to release myself.

Great!