16 - the flower

song recommendation:

**WARNING: mature content at the end...

lila sinclair

It's been two weeks since the little study session with Malfoy and I was honestly doing better in Snape's class.

I was shocked at how good of a tutor Malfoy was, but Snape wasn't lying when he said that he was one of the best in the class.

Theo wanted to join us during the sessions and because of that, Malfoy didn't try anything on me.

Neither did Theo, though.

All we've done in the last two weeks was snog and we've been dating for almost two months now.

The Valentine's ball was coming up in about a week and a half and Theo still hasn't asked me to go with him.

I was a bit upset that he was waiting this long to ask me and I started to worry that he wasn't going to ask me at all.

We'd been going on lots of little dates, mostly to Hogsmeade where we would just get something to eat and talk. It was really nice to have someone that I could spend time with without worrying about everything, but it was becoming a bit repetitive.

We did the same thing everytime and I needed something new in my life.

Malfoy and I weren't getting that far with the cabinet, either. We've been testing with apples for Merlin knows how long, but when we try any other objects, they don't work.

"You ready to go?" Theo asked, breaking my thoughts and I smiled at him as I nodded and reached for his hand.

He interlocked his fingers with mine as we headed to Hogsmeade.

We always went on the weekends and with air being a Saturday, it was a given that we would be doing the usual date again.

"Wait, Theo." I paused, causing for him to look back at me uncertainly. "I don't want to go to Hogsmeade today."

He tilted his head a little on confusion before asking, "Is something wrong? Are you not feeling well-"

"I was actually think about going somewhere else," I shrugged as I lead him down the hill and towards the black lake. "This way!"

He laughed from behind me and I felt myself smile too as we approached the overgrown willow tree beside the beautiful lake.

"I'll never get over this view," Theo smiled as we sat down under the tree, my head resting on his lap like usual.

"Me either," I blushed as he stroked my hair gently, being careful not to form any knots.

I looked out onto the lake and was mesmerized by the way the light hits the water. It's reflection danced across the surface as it glistened in my sight.

"Hey, Lila?" Theo asked suddenly, causing me to look up at him.

He looked sort of nervous?

"I'm sorry this is so late, but would you like to be my date to the Valentine's ball? Again, I know it's-"

"I'd love to," I cut him off as I sat up quickly and pulled his lips onto mine.

The kiss was soft and comforting as we gently intertwine our hands, enjoying the moment.

When we pulled away, I smiled as he reached down and picked up a daisy, twirling it around in his finger before placing it in my hair and tucking it behind my ear.

"Beautiful," he breathed as he kissed my forehead.

I blushed at the sweet gesture before we were unfortunately, rudely interrupted.