Talk about it.

The rain hit my skin like bullets, a deafening downpour as I stood looking out at the lake. Where did I go wrong? Why did nothing make me feel better? I just wanted to stop feeling this way.

"Ren? Ren? Can you hear me?" Mark called, I blinked a few times, pulling myself back to reality. My brother glanced over to me, multitasking as he drove. I gave a small smile, trying to reassure that I was still here with him.

"What's up?" I asked, he sighed, shaking his head. I must've blanked out for pretty long, oops.

"I was asking if you are okay to start filming with me tomorrow, I wasn't sure if you wanted-" I cut him off.

"Mark I'll be fine, stop being such a worrywart" I told him, resting my head against the passenger side window. I should probably explain, I'm Ren Fischbach, youngest in the family. Mark, or as the internet knows him, Markiplier; is my older brother. Until three weeks ago, I was going to school in New York State. I dropped out after an experience of sorts I had, and a solid two week stint in the hospital, it was either back home with Mom or this.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom but I just didn't want to worry her. Mark offered to have me move in with him for a bit until I was feeling better to get back out there, so I flew out to Cali, and now I'm here. I had just taken the grueling flight all the way from JFK to LAX, and already Mark was being the helicopter brother he always was growing up.

"So what's this filming on the go for tomorrow?" I asked, the silence in the car was too awkward.

"Ethan and I have a few things we're doing, just some content for both our channels" he explained, scratching at his beard. We filled the drive back to his with idle chatter, but you could feel the looming questions overhead the whole way. I inwardly cheered as we pulled up to the house, hopping out as Mark parked in the driveway. He lived in a pretty nice two story, clear with how far he's come on the success train.

"You ready to meet Chica?" He asked, hauling my suitcase out the trunk. I lit up, I had nearly forgotten about the loveable golden Mark adopted. I had never met his dog so I was understandably excited, going to take his house keys from him. He laughed as I jogged up to the door, unlocking it.

"Chica! Oh you pretty girl hello!" I squeaked, she sat at the door excitedly wagging her tail as she saw me. I kneeled down, petting her soft platinum coat as she kissed my face. Mark chuckled from behind me, I looked back as Chica went to greet her dad. I watched Mark bend down to kiss her on the head before setting my suitcase down in the hall, looking over to me.

"Welcome home, the bedroom hasn't been touched in a bit so I'll help you clean it up" he told me, I grabbed my bag, looking around as he led me upstairs to the room. The house was amazing, it was almost big enough to get lost in. He opened a door to a bedroom, a few boxes sat around with random props and equipment. We both worked to move the boxes to Marks office, making a contest to see who could move the most boxes.

"Hey no fair that's the last box!" Mark whined as I picked it up, I stuck my tongue out at him like a kid, proudly carrying it past him.

"I got here first! That means I win!" I called as I dropped the box in the office, Mark pouted at me as I sat myself on the bed. I laughed a bit, he was always a sore loser. He let me settle in, leaving me as I unpacked the single suitcase I brought with. I didn't have much in New York so I was lucky to fit it all in just one bag, I unpacked clothing, stacking them in the small closet the room had. I pulled out the Polaroid camera that I had wrapped in a sweater, the photos tucked safely in the holder.