↳ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙮𝙪𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡

Hi dad,

Just writing to you to let you know I have a Yule ball date for this tournament. She's French and very beautiful. Her name is Amélie Laurent and she's from BeauxBatons and their Headmaster is HUGE. And I mean like, huuuuuuuge! In the first task, I let Harry use my broomstick because I'm so nice and he only lead the dragon towards the teacher's stand and it hit my nose. It was horrible, I'm telling you. Not that painful, wierdly, but I accidentally got a handful of my own blood on Snape's robe so I don't know whether I'm proud or embarassed.

Anyway, he gave me a detention which I have yet to go to. He never told me the date nor time, so I'm not going to mention it and just see if he forgets about it. Ron had to dance with McGonnagall a couple days ago. That was great for me to see. Also, I miss you like crazy. If I hadn't had heroically saved your dog life, maybe I'd be able to say goodbye properly. Like, yeah, I know we hugged and all that sappy stuff, but Harry and Hermione told both me and Ron about how they set you free and I don't know, I kind of felt a bit useless.

Ps. What's the Padfoot Jr mean?

Anyway!
Please write back as soon as you can,
I miss you and love you,
Yours sincerely,
L.R.B x

Leo placed the letter in the envelope, looking over it briefly. He scribbled the word 'Snivellus' on the front, laughing at the name. "Okay, Leo. You're fine. This isn't that bad." Leo reassured himself as he was about to spill his mushy feelings to his father when he normally didn't tell anyone, getting up off of his bed to meet the eyes of Seamus. "Oh, hi!" Leo exclaimed, Seamus nodding slowly. "Hi...You alright?" Seamus asked, Leo quick to nod and put the letter behind his back. "Okay..." Seamus trailed off, slowly walking to get a bag of sweets when Leo squeezed past him quickly, heading to the Owlery.

---------=---------

"Hi Cho!" Leo greeted as he walked up the stairs, the Ravenclaw awkwardly waving at him. She walked past him without a word, watching her leave round the corner before shrugging, continuing his journey. Harry heard the footsteps and ran back to the doorway, Leo shouting. "Harry!" He yelled, the boy falling down on his bottom as the letter fell inbetween the two. Harry looked down at the letter, picking it up as he smiled at it, Leo finally picking up the courage to write to his father. "Hey! Mine!" Leo grumbled, snatching the letter as he put it inbetween his teeth, looking back at his behind to wipe the snow off of it. "I see you've finally to write to him." Harry spoke, Leo looking up at him and nodding, walking past him into the Owlery.

Harry followed as Leo put the letter on a ledge, taking his gloves off. "What does it say?" Harry asked, Leo looking at Harry and tilting his head. "Stuff I want my dad to know and not anyone else. If I wanted you, or anyone else, to know I'd have let you write what I spoke." Leo spat, getting defensive as Harry surrendered. In Leo's defense, this was the first time he was actually letting someone in behind his 'I'm fine' walls, and in reality, didn't intend on letting other people, even Harry, stroll in anytime soon. "Okay, okay..." Harry trailed off, Leo giving him a sympathetic smile as Harry smiled back, Leo putting his fingers in his mouth. Harry's eyes widened at the loud whistling noise, in a sort of tune as Leo squeezed his eyes shut at the ringing.

"Now we wait." Leo spoke, Harry's face scrunching up. "Wasn't your lion form sensitive to loud sounds?" He asked, Leo nodding. "Yeah, me and Otis haven't had time to make a new call since second year, so." Harry nodded, the boys hearing a flap of wings as they heard Otis repeat the same tune, Leo clapping as he dealt with the pain. Otis flew next to Leo as the boy crouched ahead of him. "We need to make a new call, like, soon, okay?" Harry watched awkwardly as Leo talked to his bird, tying the letter to his leg. Leo gave the owl a pat on the head as the bird perched on his arm, Leo walking to where the owl flew in from. "Send this to Sirius." He whispered, extending his arm as the owl hooted loudly, flying away. Leo and Harry watched the bird's figure shrink before Leo turned to Harry, his hands in his pockets.