Prologue

"𝐼𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒?"

A young man with cyan hair walked the street with an umbrella in hand. The soft pitter patter of raindrops falling from the sky and hitting all around except for him. There was a storm brewing that night, yet it seemed worse than usual.

"I better get home soon." He said, casting a glance upwards at the dark night sky as the sound of thunder roared. Soon deciding to continue his way with no stars or moon to guide him.

"Of course... The time is nearing."

A hooded figure lurked in the dark, not far from the young man. As a twisted grin slowly grew while he stalked the other, as the moment he had been waiting for neared. "𝙸 𝚃 '𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙼 𝙴 !"

"Will they be ready?"

A woman stopped in her tracks, her raven hair swayed slightly to the side as she looked up to the growing storm in the sky. Soon a familiar flash of white came, as an owl flew towards her before perching on her shoulder. "We're running out of time..." She said with a pant, feeling like a bystander to what was about to begin.

"They will be... THEY are on their side."

"I know." A mysterious man said, draped in a cloak as he approached the woman. Yet she did not turn around to face him, too focused on the storm before them. Both stood at the edge of the cliff, almost as if they were waiting for something. Not long, they began to hear several footsteps coming towards them.

"War is upon us."

The cloaked man turns and faces the group of men, with an axe symbol engraved on their clothing, who soon surround them both. A small scoff leaves his lips, as he finds the irony of their situation almost humorous. Seeming to not see them as an actual threat. N̶o̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶.̶

The woman beside him, on the other hand, did not share the same humour nor sympathy. She merely gritted her teeth in annoyance, knowing what they had to do. Quickly glancing at the group before turning towards the mystery man,

"I'll see you on the other side..." She whispers to him softly with a caring voice.

The mysterious man nodded back at her, before revealing a small crystal in the palm of his hand and immediately tossing it in the air. As the men took notice of it, they began to charge forward. The ravenhead quickly gripped her whip and cracked it, slashing the crystal into two. In an instant, a bright flash engulfed them both and blinded the men.

As the light disappeared and the men looked. They were already gone like the breeze.

"I know... But they will be ready."

The cyan haired man soon heard footsteps behind him, starting to strangely get closer and closer. Which made him turn his head around in curiosity, catching a glimpse of something in the corner of his eyes. Causing his nerves to spike, as he turned around completely, "Who's there?!" He calls out, ready to strike someone with his umbrella yet sees nothing.

"Strange..." He mumbled, feeling his thoughts ease a little. "Maybe it was just my imagination." He decides before turning back around.

Only to nearly jump back in fear, as he was suddenly face to face with a hooded figure. His eyes widened, as the only feature he could make out clearly was the eerie grin on the stranger's lips. The young man couldn't help but take a step back in fear, only to trip on himself and fall back onto the ground.

"W-Who are you?!" He shouted, as he tried to crawl backwards away from the creep before him.

"And how can you be so sure?"

"What do you want from me?!" He shouted, as the hooded figure suddenly placed a foot on his chest. Nearly making the young man wheeze out in pain, as the figure leaned closer to his face.

A dark eerie grin and madness in its eyes, as it soon reached its hand towards the cyan haired man's face.

"𝙸 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞...

O N Y O U R R E B I R T H!"

As soon as the man touched his face, a great pain began to fill the young haired man like lightning had struck him down. While the stranger laughed in gleeful madness at his agony.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

No one heard his screams, for it mixed with the strike of thunder.

"Because they are... My Elementalists."