Chapter 1: Dawn

"Gaah!-" Zack shouted as he woke up in a frenzy, as his alarm blared out, not really helping his panicked state. He tries to sit up immediately yet nearly knocks himself over due to his blankets swaddling him. "Oh fud-" He barely caught his balance and struggled a bit against his blanket before finally untangling himself. Soon Zack turned his head towards the no longer blaring alarm, which had gone into snooze mode.

He breathed out a sigh, as he groggily placed a hand on his forehead. "It was that dream again..." He muttered, trying to ease his racing heart. "This is the third time this week since..." He shook his head lightly to prevent any resurfacing memories, before turning off his alarm clock. Zack moved his legs to the side and was about to stand up to start his day, only to feel a sudden burning sensation on his back.

"Huh..?!" It didn't seem to fade like any normal muscle pain, instead it got hotter and grew worse causing him to grip at it.

"Gah!-" He screamed out in pain as he rushed towards the bathroom, nearly stumbling due to the cold tile floor. He hastily removed his shirt and turned around, for his back to face the mirror before seeing a fairly large burn on his back as small wisps of smoke were shown to be coming from it.

"Damn this...!" Zack hissed out, as the wisps of smoke seemed to die down slowly. 'What the hell did that man do to me..?' He thought as he grabbed one or two painkillers from his medicine cabinet and swallowed them dry. The cyan haired man couldn't help grip at the edges of the sink, as he tried to ground himself while looking down.

Not long after the medicine began to take effect and the pain soon began to subside slowly. That he couldn't help but take another deep breath, his grip on the sink loosening as he finally relaxed.

"Phew..." He let out a breath as he looked up at the mirror, only to see his messy cyan hair, before standing a bit straighter and letting go of the sink. "Who was that hooded man..?" He asked himself, while sweeping a hand over his hair in hopes to fix it, as he tried to recall the events that happened last week. Not even a second later, he winces out in pain while touching the burn on his back.

'This

'This...This isn't normal...' He thought as he continued to stare at the mark in alarm, as the wisps of fire were no longer visible. "I couldn't have imagined it...-" He soon looks up at the mirror, seeing the slight eye bags and paler skin that began to show from the lack of sleep. "-right?" He asked himself looking almost depressed at the sight of himself.

Zack then shakes his head once more, before turning on the sink and wiping his face down with the running water, soon turning his frown into a smile.

"Everything is fine." He splashes his face with water again and then grabs a towel to dry his face up. While drying his face he heard a loud rumbling noise. It was his stomach.

"Damn-" The cyan haired man picked up his shirt off the floor. "I'm starving." He whined sadly as he put his shirt back on, before heading towards the kitchen to get some food. Unaware of the guests that waited for him in his dining room.