Thank you - Platonic Jleo

Info: I dunno what this is but it ain't Minecraft. Also it's HumanCleo because yeah. Minesonas only.

——————

Cleo dragged her hand across the clean surface that was her desk, a sigh escaping her lips. She was waiting for Joe to come over so they could hang out. She glanced at the empty seat beside her, hoping Joe would be here soon.

A doorbell ring greeted Cleo's ears. Once she heard it, she got up and walked to the front door. "Howdy Cleo!" Joe's voice came as Cleo opened the oak door. "Hey Joe." Cleo said tiredly, stepping aside so Joe could walk in.

"What should we do?" Joe asked. "I dunno, write stuff? I know you like poetry." Cleo offered. Joe nodded. "Of course! There's nothing like drinking a cup of tea while writing a good poem. And I get to do it with you!" Joe said, elbowing Cleo.

Cleo scoffed. "I prefer coffee." She joked. Joe laughed, his whole face lighting up. Cleo held back a smile, leading him to her desk. The walk was short, but a peaceful one nonetheless.

Once the two sat down, Joe pulled out a book and pencil from his pocket. "Do you always have that on you?" Cleo asked jokingly. "Of course! Inspiration waits for no-one, so once you get it you have to use it immediately." Joe explained, flipping through the worn pages of the book to find a blank one.

Cleo just dug through some drawers she had and grabbed some printer paper. It wasn't good, but it would have to do. She pulled them up and onto her counter, pulling out a random pencil. She didn't plan on writing, (who was she kidding, she never did) but a few doodles couldn't hurt.

Meanwhile Joe had found a blank page and started writing. He couldn't know where his writing would go, but once it got there he'd feel nice about it. Yet he kept finding himself glancing at the girl beside him, studying her features.

The long yet beautiful scars across her face, her emerald eyes shining like gems, her long fiery orange hair, and her handcrafted flower crown that never seemed to wilt. She looked perfect. Like an angel, almost. Although her personality definitely contrasted that metaphor.

Joe turned back to his page, continuing to scribble down words. Back with Cleo, she had given up the idea of writing entirely. She went to just doodling (albeit, she wasn't good at) and scribbled down many stick figures messing around with stuff. It was oddly therapeutic, in a comedic kind of way.

"Cleo?" Joe asked out of the blue, not turning away from his work. "Yeah?" Cleo responded, doodling some more. "Do you know how much you mean to me?" Joe asked. Cleo paused, not knowing what to say. It seemed as if Joe took that as an answer, as he continued speaking.

"I mean- you're such a great friend. I don't know what I did to deserve you." Joe explained. Cleo chuckled. "Me? Great?? Joe, those two don't go together. There's plenty of people out there that are better then me." Cleo said, joking at the first part, but not the last.

"Well, you're great to me and that's all that matters." Joe said, continuing to write. Cleo paused her doodling for a moment, thinking about that. She didn't have much to say except-

"Thank you."

——————

Authors note: sorry for not updating for a bit! I just couldn't get a Oneshot going anywhere, and my motivation for this book went "buh bye." I have some other oneshots in the making, but this one was the one that got finished first.

If you want something that gets updated often read "FriendCraft". It has an oc in there, but I'm updating that often.