Epilogue

The shadows lingered in the dark pockets of the cave wall, watching, hidden but not noticed by the dark figure of the woman. Her blond hair swayed behind her as she walked, tossed by the stifling heat and wind of Tartarus. White mist wreathed around her, keeping the smoky black shadows at bay as she prowled deeper into the cave, where she halted as she emerged in a dark cavern illuminated by firelight.

"Koios," the woman said calmly. "You requested to meet me?"

A flurry of ice whipped through the cavern, dusting the floor with a layer of frost, but the woman stood, unwavering, as the icy wind whipped around her, and the titan appeared.

Koios materialized from the flurry of ice, the diamond in his breastplate glowing brightly against his dark Stygian iron armour. "Grand-daughter."

The woman snorted, her misty tendrils curling around her feet as she frowned at him. "Why did you summon me?"

Koios sighed. "As straightforward as ever, Hecate. Just like your daughter."

Hecate tensed, her green eyes sharpening. "What about Rianna? What did you do?"

"Calm down," Koios growled. "I didn't do anything. Other than summoning her in a dream and having a little chat."

"You sent Vgaltis after her?" Hecate asked in disbelief. "Why-"

"I just wanted to talk to her," Koios said amiably. "There's nothing wrong with that right? After all, we're all on the same side here." He glanced at her, a cruel smile curling on his face. "You were the one who drove her away, grand-daughter. That is why she sided with my Lord, is it not?"

Hecate flinched, taking a step back, but glanced up, her green eyes steely with resolve. "If you are here to preach to me about how I should treat my children, I'm leaving. You are hardly an example that I should look up to or a person I should be taking advice from."

She turned around and made for the tunnel.

"Wait!" Koios called, and Hecate turned around sharply.

"What?"

Koios sighed. "Plainly speaking, I called you here to ask you to reconsider your position in this war."

"I already gave you my answer," Hecate said flatly.

"But you know that your answer is not what you want," Koios persisted. "I can see it in your eyes, grand-daughter. What have the Olympians ever done for you? After all you've done for them, still, they refuse you a seat in their mighty council, shun you as a minor god, only to call you back when they need your help."

Koios snorted in disgust. "And they call giving you a place in the Underworld as a servant to Persephone, that little flower girl, as a reward."

"Grandfather," Hecate said slowly. "I can't. I have my reasons," she continued, cutting across Koios before he could interrupt. "So I'm afraid that I cannot join you and your Lord."

"Cannot? Not will not? You make it sound like someone has your hands and feet tied," Koios said, his icy blue eyes boring into Hecate's.

"It's not of your concern," Hecate said, turning back around. "If that is all, I will take my leave."

Koios smiled slightly, and it was not a thing of beauty. "Very well. But think about it. After all, your daughter is with us."

"You will leave Rianna out of this," Hecate snapped, whirling around. Her gaze could cut through steel as she glared coldly at Koios.

"Peace, Hecate," Koios said, smiling cruelly. "She will be unharmed. I'm merely stating that you have children, not just Rianna, who are on the Princess Andromeda, or who will be on the Andromeda. I suggest you think through your decisions clearly."

"If anything happens to them," Hecate warned, her voice cold.

"Rest assured," Koios replied before she could finish, his icy eyes dancing with amusement. "Nothing will happen. I'm just reminding you about why your children are on the ship in the first place."

"I will consider it," Hecate said curtly. "Goodbye."

He smirked coldly. "Until next time, granddaughter."

A blast of icy wind whipped through the cavern, frost spreading rapidly across the cave walls despite the stifling heat, and when the ice faded, Koios was gone.

As soon as Koios was gone, Hecate sighed.

"I made a promise," she whispered. "And I owe it to my daughter to stay."

She turned around into the tunnel and walked away, the shadows soon swallowing up her figure. 

***
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for updates and announcements!