During Middle School.

•Kageyama pov•

I was looking at the way my new teammates  who were all practicing, I could see how much effort they are putting even though it's just practice. I wonder why they put too much effort into a practice..It's just a practice. I got into Volleyball because of my Grandfather he has always taught me when I was little.  I just watch the others practice since this is the first day I join. The teammates haven't met me yet since they are practicing.

*10 min later*

The practice had ended and the Coach called them over. I got nervous on how would they react to seeing that I was joining them. I mean I knew I was younger then them all but still I didn't know how to greet them. As coach said "as you guys see a new member is joining us today so be kind and show him around". I walked closer so all of them could see me.

I looked down not daring to look up cause I didn't know how they would feel about this. Until coach spoke up."please introduce yourself kid"
I sighed and spoke to them. "Uhm.. I'm Tobio Kageyama..n-nice to meet you guys.." I looked up at them to see if anyone would say something..that's when someone did.

?: and do we need another member don't we have enough.
I looked over to see who said that just as he was smacked on the head by the boy who was next to him.
??: oi be nice Oikawa
Oikawa: pfft whatever Iwaizumi this team got me what more do we need?
Iwaizumi: Oikawa this is not about you, we work as a team not around you and besides your not giving him a good welcoming.
*Oikawa rolled his eyes*
Iwaizumi: sorry about him, he is full of himself
I just nodded understanding.
Iwaizumi: well I'm Iwaizumi and that is Oikawa

*The others had introduce themselves. And as practice ended Kageyama was picking up balls and putting them away*

I hold onto the balls and look at them, I smiled a bit knowing someday I would get to hit the ball in practice. That's when I felt a tap on my shoulder I turned around to see Iwaizumi.
Iwaizumi: hey there Kageyama right?
I nodded.
Iwaizumi: well how about I will show you around?
"Okay" was all I replied as I put the ball back In the proper place and followed him around.

He showed me the cafe,classes and a few places you could practice.
Iwaizumi: well I am sorry about Oikawa's behavior
Ah no it's alright I get it, I mean you already seem to have enough members It feels like I will be a burden on the team I said.
Iwaizumi: ah your not a burden it's great to have you join the team, I have a question tho?

Hm?
Iwaizumi: what position are you going for in the team?
I was thinking going for a setter but I wasn't sure.
Iwaizumi: go for it, we could use another setter,  Oikawa is one of our setter
"Ohh.. The boy who talked first"
Iwaizumi: ah don't worry about him, if you want to be a setter then go for it no one will stop you.
Uhm what if Oikawa stops me?
Iwaizumi: pfft over my dead body, I won't let him stop you okay?
I smiled. "Okay"

Iwaizumi: well let's head to lunch
I nodded as we made way to the cafe. We got our food. I got to sit with Iwaizumi with the rest of the members. I looked up to see Oikawa looking at me with a glare, I looked down as I thought I guess he still doesn't like having a new member.
I got disturbed from my thoughts as someone called my name.

Kunimi: so Kageyama what do you like?
Kageyama: uhm I like milk
Kunimi:milk?
I nodded.
Kunimi:eh? Why?
Kageyama: I just like it, I mostly have it everyday...
Kunimi: hmm alright

•no one's pov•
As Kageyama looked away he saw a kitty near by in front of him. He stood up confusing the others and watched him as Kageyama walked over to the kitten and picked the kitten up, sat down on the floor and pet the kitten. He checked the kitty gender and saw a girl. His teammates saw him holding the kitten with a smile on his face.