Chapter 1 - Beyond the Gate

Captain Aradiel Noria was standing atop of the hill. In front of him laid thousands of bodies of those which had foolishly attempted to attack the Imperium camp during the cover of the night. Needless to say, this was not a successful operation for the Saderan as the Imperium had not suffered a single loss. A battle in which no guardsmen had died could be considered a major victory as they had successfully slaughtered the entirety of the enemy forces.

During that time, the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Guard were building the first base around to establish a solid foothold into this new world while squads of guardsmen were patrolling and discovering the surroundings.

Reports from aerial surveillance indicated that another, unknown human faction arrived on this world in the same way that the Imperium did, with technologies superior to this primitive world, but still far less powerful than the Imperium current technology.

Needless to say that Aradiel and the rest of the officers were intrigued by such discovery. It was decided that they shall meet this new power, as to decide how they will be treated them. And also because the veteran space marine was curious about the relations those men had with this world inhabitants.

He requested a group of techpriests to establish communication with this unknown force as they appeared to possess devices capable of such, which meant that the techpriest could eventually connect to their system and display a message. If it didn't work they would have to send people to meet them.

A Blood Angel approached Aradiel from behind, overlooking the scene of devastation that had happened, not that he shocked him, it was actually rather resembling to the battles the Adeptus Astartes were used to fight.

"-Blood Angel: My lord, your escort is ready and waiting for you."

"-Aradiel: Thank you brother Esmote. Tell them I shall arrive shortly."

"-Esmote: Is something bothering you my lord?"

"-Aradiel: Not at all old friend, I am merely sightseeing. This world, it is rather different from most worlds I've been on. Such an untouched nature, it is a rare and precious sight, I'm sure some of the guardsmen would agree for sure."

"-Esmote: I apologies my lord, I didn't realize I had disturbed your thoughts."

"-Aradiel: It's nothing really. And I don't want to make our brothers waiting for this old man, now would I?"

"-Esmote: Our brothers would gladly wait if you wish for me to tell them to do so."

"-Aradiel: Not it is alright, I have to uphold my duties, we still have many things to do. Do you have the reports of the different groups like I asked you?"

"-Esmote: Yes captain. Our scouts seems to have found no villages or settlements within a radius of ten kilometers around the Gate, what remains of the enemy army after yesterday massacre have fled and some are now hidden all around the area, the guardsmen affected to the security keeps finding some of those who have fled and until now, a hundred and fifty three soldiers have been successfully captured and detained within an improvised prison inside the main camp, they are under constant watch by a few squads of kriegsmen as they have been observed to provoke a certain feeling of fear from the native of this world. So far they seems to have dissuaded the prisoners from even attempting to flee."

"The construction of the base is going well, we have received early this morning the materials and servitors necessary to the construction of primary defenses, including a 15 meters wall all around the perimeter that have been determined by the officers you assigned to the defenses, the officers of the 234th and of the 451st cadian regiments have reported that construction have already begun and shall be finished as fast as possible to begin the construction of the site buildings."