Nothing But A Drunken Barbecue

Damien and I walked down the stairs once he put on a nice shirt.  And of course his pack eyes were all on him. I spotted his mom and the sea of people waving enthusiastically at me. I smiled shyly waving back. I could feel Damien eyes glued to the side of my head but luckily my thick hair was covering my face.

"You look beautiful" His mom hugged me tightly and kissed both of my cheeks. I laughed returning the greeting.

"Thanks it's nice to see you again" I smiled politely and slid away from her grasp. I felt Damien eyes follow me as I went looking for Elizabeth and Caleb. Everyone began to move outside to the patio where all the cooking was being done. It made it easier for me to spot Elizabeth hunch over next to a shot glass.

"What's wrong with you" I approach her slightly taller form hugging her side. She looked completely different than she did when I first got here.

"Men is what's wrong with me." She signed leaning into my shoulder I felt the tiniest tear fall on my shoulder and I turned my body completely towards hers.

"Is this about what I saw earlier? " My mind went back to her and the twin position on the counter.

"Yep Mitch is my mate. But he some what rejected me if that makes any sense. He wants to be together but  doesn't want anyone knowing because of my situation" I frowned up instantly.

"And what situation is that?"

"My baby and my omega status that's why. He probably wants someone more powerful, without a baby and more traditional. He says I'm too young and wouldn't understand his duties". She shook her head and poured herself up another shot of what looked like Hennessy.

"He's a dumb ass and you deserve better. You need to kick him to the curb. What's wrong with these men stay saying they don't want drama but are the main ones bringing it." I felt myself getting angrier about Damien and my situation. Lisa looked at me knowingly and passed me the shot she just poured. I down it before thinking and was surprised I did not flinch from the burning. But instead I felt a warm sensation wrap around me.

"What exactly is that Hennessy? " I asked her because I was already feeling the affects of one shot. But then again I've always been a light weight.

"We call it wolf shine, made it myself" She said before gulping down another shot then proceeding to pour me another .

"You will need another one and after that we are going to go mingle, have fun, and forget about the drama Jas" I laughed at the fact we were taking straight up shots at this "pack barbecue" but I shrugged my shoulder and downed my second shot. The warm sensation flooded my body again but I felt it ten times as much. I giggled as Lisa grabbed my hand and lead me outside where all the young adults seem to be. The food was just starting to be grilled and it actually smelled so good. I felt my stomach growl realizing I hadn't ate all day. And of course that's why the shots had me leaning already. Lisa lead me close to a table where Mel and Dani sat holding hands. I smiled brightly once I noticed them, before flinging myself at them.

"I missed y'all so much" I said giving them both a kiss on the cheek.

"You smell like cinnamon and alcohol Jassy". Dani said holding my face. Mel fanned the air with her hand and frowned at me.

"Okay so I had a shot or two. I mean it's not everyday you give up your apartment and your new boyfriend wife comes back from the dead, pulls up to your job and tries to fight you. So me and lisa are celebrating" All three of the girls looked at me in shock.

"What Linda is back! What do you mean she tried to fight you" oops maybe that was suppose to be a secret but oh well. I looked across the yard realizing everyone had wolfie hearing but no one seemed to be paying attention to me.