CHAPTER SEVEN

this is a LONG one, and i mean LONG, i mean 5700 words long. just a heads up!

do you guys prefer longer or shorter chapters though? i feel like shorter chapters tend to ruin the flow of a story when a lot of things could be incorporated into one. but, let me know your thoughts on that.

i hope you enjoy this chapter. let me know what you think!

//////

"I can't have her tear through my pack" Jasper said letting out an exasperated breath, bursting into his office with Tyler, Jackson and Alice on his heels "I'll have no choice but to call The Council, and that's not something I plan to be doing anytime soon."

"Alice, can you get your mom to come help us?" Tyler asked, his arms crossed solidly across his broad chest and his feet planted firm on the ground, those bright blue eyes narrowed, calculating. The look in them was intimidating enough to have the strongest of men think twice about what he was planning, a warrior who knows too well to prepare for the worst.

"Maybe, but she's gone, one of the Covens sent a car to get her" she told him, her nails up to her teeth as she bit down on them anxiously.

"What do they need her for?" Jasper asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Usually, The Council had announcements put out if there were any major things happening within any of the communities, and for Clara to be called in it pointed towards something major "the covens haven't bothered with her for- well, years, what do they want with her now?"

"I don't know" Alice shrugged, changing hands to start biting her other set of nails "she wouldn't tell me."

"Focus on what's happening now" Jackson chimed in, his usual mischievous glinting eyes wiped away by utter focus "we need Lacey's wolf contained before it takes over and rips apart our pack."

"If Alice can't do it then we'll have to wait until Clara gets back" Jasper said, his own arms crossing against his hard, muscled chest "we need a secure place to put her in the meantime."

"I don't think anything could hold her in besides a room built of metal as thick as it was tall" Alice let out a scoffed laugh "she managed to break down the bars of the cell when you first brought her here. Her wolf is too strong."

"She's dangerous, Jasper" Tyler told him, unable to keep the clear distaste for Lacey out of his voice.

"She just needs to learn control, like we all did" he shot back, sending Tyler a quick glare.

"We were kids, and our wolves weren't fully developed" Tyler tried rationalising for him "but she's a grown girl now, a woman, and it's going to be hell trying to teach her to control her wolf and not let her wolf control her."

"I don't care" Jasper snapped "I'll do it myself if I have to."

"What about The Council, Jasper?" Jackson asked, his voice not as cut throat as Tyler's "when people start finding out who she is, they'll probably contact them for you and she'll get taken, and since you had her and never called them, who knows what they'll do to you."

"He's an Alpha" Tyler grunted "they can't take away his title, so they'll just kill him instead."

"I'd rather die trying to help and protect her than discard her as if she were nothing, and I would've hoped you'd feel the same way about your future Luna."

"I'm not saying I don't want to protect her" Jackson shot back, offended Jasper would even suggest he'd ignore his Luna who was in need of help "neither of us are saying that, we're just giving you the facts, the reality of this situation."