Ch39. Midoriya Izuku

The next person who I chose to talk to was Izuku. He entered the common room with hesitation but then quickly sat down next to me. Being how he is, he was rapidly trying to apologize. I motioned him to pipe down and took a deep breath.

"Izuku, before you apologize, there's a lot of things we need to talk about." I told him with a serious expression. My eyebrows furrowing as well.

"I know [Name]... what we... what I did now and back then was wrong." he confessed.

I nodded with a heavy emotion settling on my chest. I began to recall how Izuku and I began to drift away.

With Izuku, our friendship became a fast thing. We just clicked with each other immediately. We met due to him being someone Katsuki bullied all the damn time in middle school. I hated seeing how Katsuki would bully him for being quirkless. 

My friendship with Izuku began a few days before the incident with Katsuki. I was just getting to know him and despite what everyone would say I found Izuku to be a kind and smart person.

We bonded over liking heroes and he showed me his notebook in where he had written about several pro heroes as well as a few of our classmates. Among them was Katsuki and me. 

"Your quirk really reminds me of Eraserhead's." Izuku eyes glittered as he began showing me the similarities between the pro and I.

I giggled a little bashfully. "Eh... well I guess that's because he's my dad."

Izuku's eyes widened. "No way! That's awesome [Name]! No wonder! Hold on I didn't know Eraserhead had a daughter. Well maybe that's because he keeps away from the press." he began mumbling.

I chuckled, "Yeah, that's probably it."

"Why haven't you said anything about it?" he questioned oddly.

I shrugged, "Guess I'm like my dad, I don't really care about being in the spotlight. What matters is helping people not the fame or money or even a flashy quirk. I tend to believe anyone can be a hero Izuku, so never give up okay?"

At that Izuku smiled.

~~

Izuku and I spent a lot of time together both in and out of school. I met his mom on several occasions and I would always tell Izuku that he was lucky to have a loving and caring mom. Izuku didn't know much about my life but when the time came to tell him a little about my mom's abandonment he was very supportive and kind.

Maybe those kind words of his and his ever lasting belief in wanting to become a hero someday, was what drew me into him. But as we got closer to choosing which school we'd go to, things began to turn for the odd and dare I say even chaotic.

It started that day where Katsuki told Izuku to take a swan dive off the roof. I was extremely mad at Katsuki and I ended up fighting with him that day. Afterwards I tried going after Izuku but I couldn't find him. 

It wasn't until late at night that I found out he and Katsuki had gotten attacked by a villain. In which Izuku tried saving Katsuki. 

From then on, something had surely changed. Izuku had changed. He began giving me weird excuses as to why he couldn't go study with me in the afternoon. Or go to the arcade with me on the weekend.

I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Even my other friends told me as well. "Hey [Name], are you and Midoriya not studying together again?" asked Rina.

I tried acting nonchalant and shrugged, "Yeah... he's sorta busy... again."

Rina frowned, "[Name], don't worry. I'm sure he's just busy given that he wants to try out for UA. He's quirkless and I bet he's going to work extra hard if he wants to get in. He probably doesn't want to disappoint you."