Chapter 30

I woke to the sound of an engine revving. Rubbing my eye I set up still in my bathrobe when I hear it again... That's Julian's car. I hurry up and grab a bra and a sun dress. I slip it on and run for the door, but Vin stops me.

"Dani, what are you doing?" Vin.

"I just need to talk to him. I need to see why. I know it's over, but..." Vin cuts me off..

"Just go before he leaves" Vin.

I race out the door as he's driving past my house "JULIAN!" I scream out and he slams on his brakes.. He gets out of his car leaving it in the middle of the road and walks towards me. I'm frozen just waiting for him to reach me.

"I... I'm sorry, " I say feeling the tears starting to well up inside me.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, " he says placing both his hands on the side of my arms and holding firmly.

"I didn't get your message until last night... I tried to call you but your phone is off" Dani.

"Yeah. I'm.... Leaving" Julian.

"What? What do you mean? Where are you going?" Dani.

"After what happened with your cousin, my parents told me to get out. I'm going to stay with a friend in Reno" Julian.

I looked down not able to look at him. "So you... You were just going to leave... Without saying anything to me?".

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me. I thought you didn't want me" Julian.

Quietly I say "I've never wanted anything more". Tears rolling down my face.

Julian places his hand on my chin and pulls my head up to look at him. "Come with me?".

I am surprised at his request and I don't reply at first before I finally say "I can't. My whole life is here. My family is here".

"I figured that's what you would say". Julian.

"Julian, " I look into his eyes and could tell he was on the verge of crying... He put both of his hands on the sides of my face and kissed me... It felt like time stood still in that moment. It was the most passionate kiss of my life.. He pulled away placing his forehead on mine, not letting go of my face. I look into his eyes and see tears starting to fall.

"I love you Daniela" Julian.

I take a deep breath and reply "I love you to Julian"...

He whispers in my ear "I've never wanted to be a 18 year old boy before, but right now I'd give anything to be one"...

We both laugh quietly and then he pulls away.

"Take care of yourself and please never forget me" Julian.

"I could never forget my first love" I say with tears rolling down my face. He smiles and turns to walk away.

Vin walks up behind me and places his hand on my shoulder. Julian looks back. Gives Vin a nod and he nods back. Then he gets in his car with one last rev he's gone.... The man I am in love with is gone... Forever.

____________________________________

It's been a couple months now and the pain of losing Julian has finally started to drift away. I am back to being a carefree teenager just trying to get through school. Happy to be throwing myself back into work. I took on extra hours at the school interning. Being around the kids helps out a lot. I've seen Morgan a lot more lately. He asked me if I could hang around a little longer today. He said he wanted to talk to me.

"Hey Dani" I hear Morgan say from behind me. I turn around to see his beautiful smile.

"Hey Morgan. So what's up?" Dani.

"Well, I know this is probably long overdue, but I was wondering if you would like to go out with me?" Morgan.

I feel myself blush... At first Julian runs through my head, but then I remember how long I've liked Morgan and I know he doesn't have a criminal record because he works at the school and he's only 22...

"Yeah, I'd love to" Dani.