You Can't Get Back What You've Already Burned (BakuDeku)

Everything felt empty now. The feelings that once consumed him were replaced with a hole. Bakugou sat underneath a tree in some random park by his parent's house. He knew there were memories attached to sitting here, but he was too tired to conjure them up. God, he was tired. 

There was something that he came here for, but he forgot what it was. The world seemed duller than before. Maybe it was growing up that made him feel this way. The tedious life of an adult can certainly do that to a person. Bakugou watched the sky mindlessly. The white fluffs floated through the air. His mind came up with random shapes and creatures for these blobs. 

How had sky watching become the highlight of his day? It wasn't even with the company of anyone. He just sat there watching the sky because it was there. He watched it because he had nothing better to do. After getting his nearly fatal injury, Bakugou was banned from working for the next few months. Apparently giving the kid paid leave wasn't enough. Bakugou itched to get back out there, but no. He had to stay in the house or within a decent distance from the house. 

Bakugou groaned up to the sky. He wanted to scream profanities to universe, but this was a public park and there were children present, and apparently cursing near children is a big no no. His ass hurt from sitting on the hard ground for so long, but he was too tired to move. It hurt a lot too. Bakugou was bored, but he couldn't draw himself up to his feet.

He opted for just lowering his eyes and watching the people instead. How long had it been since he had left to work at the agency? Long enough apparently. There were tiny hoards of children who he didn't recognize, but he could recognize their parents. He nearly gagged when he saw one of his old buddies from way back in middle school holding hands with a woman and a child. 

God, he hadn't changed. Here he was sitting down under a tree, single as fuck and back to square one. Not even a working hero at this point. What was he doing here anyways? Why had he gotten hurt at such a crucial point in his career. 

Bakugou winced as he stood up. Pain shot through his arms. The overexertion of his quirk during a villain attack nearly ripped the boy apart. It left him vulnerable to the last attack. Had it not been for the IcyHot bastard, he could have died. Bakugou caught himself at times hoping that he would have died back there just to save him from the boredom that followed. 

"Ah, I'm so sorry ma'am," a voice said from across the park. Bakugou turned to the direction only to be met with a familiar tangle of hair. The boy still had his brighter than life smile and his big round eyes. "I got a little distracted," the boy said. 

Bakugou watched as the boy laughed along with the old woman. He held out a purse, which Bakugou assumed was knocked out of the woman's hands. "Oh that's quite alright," the woman said. The two talked for a moment more before parting ways.

Deku was much bigger than he was in middle school, but that's to be expected. Though he wasn't as big or as toned as Bakugou was. He was a bit scrawny if anything. Then again, it wasn't fair of Bakugou to really compare his body with Deku's. He didn't have years of hero training behind him. Bakugou wasn't too interested in seeing how the kid turned out. He was sure that his mother had mentioned that he was going to med school, but Bakugou never paid much attention to his old hag. 

But there the boy stood captivating Bakugou. There was something strange about him. He wasn't the kid from back in his middle school days that much was obvious. Deku pulled his bag closer to his body as he continued on his way. Bakugou assumed he was walking home. There was something that compelled him to walk towards the boy. He moved slowly careful of the pain shooting up his side. 

"Deku?" he called out. The boy visibly tensed at the name, but turned out none the less.

"Ah Kacchan or um Bakugou," Deku said. His hands gripped the bag tighter. He tried looking everywhere except Bakugou. "I heard on the news that you got hurt. Are you okay?" he asked.