1

Lalisa Manoban, otherwise known as just Lisa, is an all-around performer. She's a singer, a songwriter, and a dancer. In her spare time, she likes to choreograph new dances, teach young kids at a dance academy she started 2 years ago, and uploads weekly content to her YouTube channel, Just Lisa, to connect with her fans or to upload new dancing videos, or even to post the occasional cover of her current favorite songs.

When Lisa isn't caught up in her hectic schedules, she likes to spend time with her girlfriend, Jennie, and their 4 cats and 2 dogs.

Jennie is a stylist at the agency Lisa is signed to, and it just so happened that Jennie Kim had to be the one to style Lisa for an upcoming dance showcase.

When the pair first met, they despised each other. Lisa thought Jennie was too stuck up, only coming up with a rack of designer clothes that Lisa thought she could never move properly in. Jennie, on the other hand, thought Lisa was a slob. Who the fuck dresses up in pants clearly 2 sizes bigger than her and pairs it with a sweater and a red beanie in the middle of summer?!

Lisa thought Jennie doesn't get it, and Jennie thought Lisa was making her job difficult.

Safe to say, however, that awkward tension around them didn't last very long. It took a few months of being friends before they went out on their first date, but everything else that followed didn't take very long. Soon, Lisa announced to the world that she was dating Jennie, and then after a while, they moved in together.

When Lisa, again, isn't caught up in her hectic schedules, spending time with her girlfriend, or playing with their pets, she likes to spend time with her two best friends in the world: Jisoo and Rosie.

Lisa and Jisoo go way back. They went to the same high school in a small irrelevant town. Lisa was the star softball player in school, and Jisoo was the one who topped every single one of her classes, even taking advanced classes meant for high school seniors when she was a freshman.

What Jisoo made up for in her grades, however, she lacked in her punctuality.

Jisoo had always been the smart one, but she was also always the one person to miss first period. By the time she gets to school, she already expects to get a slip of paper that says she has to serve detention after school.

Lisa, on the other hand, has always been a troublemaker of sorts. She doesn't mean harm, just that sometimes she goes a little too overboard with her pranks, causing her to get a slip of paper from one of the teachers (if she's lucky. If she's not, she just gets screamed at by the school's headmaster) that says she has to stay in school for detention.

Jisoo and Lisa were almost permanent fixtures in detention. Every once in a while, they'd acknowledge each other with a nod of the head or a small smile, but that was it. Until there was this one day that Lisa couldn't sit still in her seat and decided to disturb Jisoo. That conversation they had that day, made Lisa more persistent to get to know Jisoo. And before you know it, they were regularly hanging out, eating lunch together at the cafeteria, walking home together after school, and even going to each other's houses for dinner a few times a week. Who would have known that the persistence of Lisa Manoban could get Jisoo Kim a best friend for life?

Lisa decided to pursue Physical Education in college, and Jisoo decided to take Communication Arts. The two best friends were supposed to go in the same university, but when Jisoo received a letter one day offering her a full scholarship in a university halfway across the globe, she couldn't pass the chance up, even if she really wanted to be at the same college as Lisa.

Upon hearing the news, however, Lisa almost literally pushed Jisoo out the door and into the next plane that would bring her halfway across the globe.

"But Lisa! I would leave you alone!"

"Who cares?! You can't pass this up just because I'd be alone for a few years!"

And that was it. 

A few weeks after graduation, Jisoo was sitting on a plane that would take her halfway across the world for higher education.

Lisa and Jisoo constantly kept in touch, regularly messaging and calling each other whenever they can. Lisa would talk about her annoying gym coach, that curly-haired boy that pissed her off to no end, and that one pretty university cheerleader. Jisoo would talk about her professor that looked like Willy Wonka, the mountain of projects she has to do, and this one girl in her mandatory General Education module that had long blonde hair, slim waist, and legs that could go on for days.

It took some time before Jisoo got to know the girl's name, but when she did, she couldn't stop thinking about how such a beautiful name could only suit such a beautiful girl.

Rosie Park.

Jisoo and Rosie ended up dating in college. They even kept dating even when Jisoo moved back to that small irrelevant town, but it didn't take long before both Lisa and Jisoo decided to move into the city where opportunities for two young fresh graduates are plenty. 

For Jisoo, of course, that was only one other reason. The main reason she wanted to move into the city was to be closer to Rosie.

So suddenly, they were 3. When Lisa and Jisoo moved into the city, Rosie decided to move in with them in that 2-bedroom apartment they found on an ad in the newspaper. Of course, Rosie and Jisoo shared a room while Lisa enjoyed having one to herself.

Living with each other caused Lisa to become not only Jisoo's best friend, but Rosie's as well.

Jisoo started out as an assistant at a publishing firm, and Rosie started out as a second voice, back-up singer, for a rising soloist.

It didn't take long before both of them excelled in their careers. Soon enough, Rosie was awaiting to get signed to an agency that would promote her as a soloist, and Jisoo was an upcoming political thriller book writer.

However, it was that same success that became their downfall. Suddenly, they had no more time to spend with each other, and the little time they did  spend with each other was spent fighting over the stupidest things. Before they would go on to absolutely loathe each other, they decided to break it off. It was a mutual decision, they both thought. And so with that, Rosie moved out of their shared apartment, only ever keeping in contact with Lisa, who would update her every now and then about how Jisoo was doing.

Jisoo was the same, asking Lisa about how Rosie was doing every now and then.

-

It had been about 3 years since Jisoo and Rosie broke up, but they have remained friends, all thanks to persistent Lisa. And it was because of this same persistent Lisa that the two ex-lovers, found themselves reluctantly agreeing to appear in one of Lisa's videos.

'Exes Play: Never Have I Ever' on Just Lisa.

Rosie and Jisoo sure didn't know exactly what they were getting into with this.

--

Hi!

So I'm back. I know I literally just finished my first story and yet here I am again, back with another one. Hahaha. I can't help it, the idea was too good for me to simply pass up.

This story would move in between present time and the past, alternating between Rosie's and Jisoo's POV. This is my first time ever writing something with a character's specific POV and moving in between timelines, but I'd like to see where it takes me. I just hope it doesn't end up being confusing? Maybe I'd write out specific distinctions between past and present to not screw it up

Anyway, as always, thank you for bothering to read and I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it. :)