Neil

Neil is a really smart kid!

He signed up for science camp after all!

I thought that maybe I could use something sciency to help wake him up.

"Hey Neil!" I said, "Do you want to show me what these chemicals do?"

I have to be honest, I'm not really good at science, but I'm sure Neil can figure it out.

I showed him some test tubes and beakers but he just continued to stare and smile.

I wasn't sure what to do next, all I know about Neil is that he's into science.

I thought that maybe asking a science question would wake him up, "Neil, what is the Earth shaped as?" I asked.

"Ha!" he laughed, "The earth is a rhombus of course!"

"I- I don't think that's correct Neil." I said, trying not to hurt his feelings by rejecting his belief.

"Yes it is, Daniel said so!" Neil shot back, a little angrily.

Then the answer hit me.

(Well, not really. That would hurt.)

Neil is always correcting other campers when they're wrong. I figured if I told him something he wouldn't want to hear, he would wake up to correct me!

"Oh Neil," I called out, "Did you know that two plus two is five?"

(I know it's not actually five)

"What? No it isn't!" he said sounding angry.

I watched him pace around, explaining how two plus two is four. And as he was explaining, I could see his pupils get smaller and his clothes change color.

"And THAT'S why two plus two is FOUR David!" he yelled in conclusion.

"Nice to see you're back Neil!" I said smiling.

He looked around and noticed that everyone was back to their normal selves.

"Wait, what just happened?" Neil asked.

"It's not important," I said, "But I still need to fix one more camper."

"Huh, who?" he asked.

He looked over to the camper who still had his eyes dilated and was smiling and gasped, "Max?!"